• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    We are going to Atterbury sunday to shoot a while, any one going? Im 5'6 and skinned head with a black Cat shirt on.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Are you a Nazi?, because I have a skinned head also. Wish I could make it, but I need to spend time with my Father! Hopefully next weekend in the weather holds.

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Its a range that is just north of camp atterbury in Edinburg i believe. Plenty of spaces and with the range personell tha that makes it safer to the public.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Where is this Atterburry you speak of?

It's actually right by camp Atterbury. It is a nice range, ranges are 7.5, 50, and 100 yards. It's $7 for the first hour, and $5 for every hour after. You have to sweep up your brass. There is 40 minutes of fire, followed by 20 minutes of cease fire. My only really dislike, it's not someplace to take the buddies and BS. I like being able to take my time, chat, whatever. The plus side, is it's a sfae place to shoot. Even though, I never had any problems at the old range!

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    It's actually right by camp Atterbury. It is a nice range, ranges are 7.5, 15, 25, 50, and 100 yards. It's $7 for the first hour, and $5 for every hour after. You have to sweep up your brass. There is 40 minutes of fire, followed by 20 minutes of cease fire. My only really dislike, it's not someplace to take the buddies and BS. I like being able to take my time, chat, whatever. The plus side, is it's a sfae place to shoot. Even though, I never had any problems at the old range!

Fixed it for ya ;)

AJB

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    It's actually right by camp Atterbury. It is a nice range, ranges are 7.5, 50, and 100 yards. It's $7 for the first hour, and $5 for every hour after. You have to sweep up your brass. There is 40 minutes of fire, followed by 20 minutes of cease fire. My only really dislike, it's not someplace to take the buddies and BS. I like being able to take my time, chat, whatever. The plus side, is it's a sfae place to shoot. Even though, I never had any problems at the old range!
    A small correction. We shoot for twenty minutes and are down for an average of six minutes.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Where is this Atterburry you speak of?

If you're coming down I65, you can get off at the Edinburgh/State Road 252 exit and wind your way through the metropolis of Edintucky, or go on down to the next exit (Columbus/Taylorsville/US31) and come back north about 5 miles. Either way, you'll come to a stop light on 31 (the 3rd one north of 65) and see signs for Camp Atterbury/Atterbury Jobs Corps Center/Johnson County Park/DNR). Go west at the light, cross the bridge, up the hill, and veer off to the right at the "Camp Atterbury 1942" rock. The range will be on your right. (And it is, actually, on the original Camp Atterbury grounds. The DNR, Johnson County, and the Department of Labor think that they own those parcels of ground, but their "deeds" both contain 72-hour "recapture clauses". If Uncle Sugar says so, they've got 3 days to un-ass the AO.) :patriot:

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Going again today if anyone else happens to be going. Il be with my father both redheaded but im almost bald lol.

Top Bottom