• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    A friend and I went down today for the first time and had a good time, there was only 4 other people shooting. Really nice gentleman in the office as was the range officer. I mentioned :ingo: and they said guys from here come and shoot all the time. I'll go back next week.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The new rules down at Atterbury make for a much more enjoyable time there with nothing in terms of safety lost. I like the fact that they are starting to sell reloading stuff cheaper than I've seen anywhere else. Their philosophy seems to be 'Support the shooting public and they will keep coming back'. I also like the fact that I can make a quick trip to try out a new load for $3 for a half hour.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Iwas down there on Thursday and had a great time too. It was the first time I had been there since being redone. Nice facility, I for one like the way it's being ran much better than the old days. I took my wife and daughter, and it helped ease my mind when they went down range to replace targets knowing the range officer had checked to make sure all weapons were cleared. And he stuck to the 20 minutes of fire followed by the cease fire command which I think is much better than the old gentlmens agreement of a cease fire as was the case years ago.
    Oh and I was figuring $6/ hour per person which would come out to $18/ hour for the three of us...NO The lady inside said it's $6/ hour per lane no matter how many poeple are actually shooting.

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have always had a good time shooting there. I appreciate the Range Safety Officer's attention to all, as you don't always know who is shooting next to you and what their level of safety awareness is. My only downside is the drive distance from NE Indy.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Atterbury is always a good time.....

I enjoy shooting there too since its close to home and always clean. I'm glad a new operator has taken over....and obviously they are making money which DNR claimed to be losing money operating the range.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The DNR never ran it for long enough to know if they were "losing money" or not. The previous "concessionaire" is the one who lost his shirt - Phil and Amanda obviously know how to run a business and I have no doubt that the facility will succeed under their care.

MWCMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    South
    Went there this morning for the second time. A few weeks ago one of the RSO's(not Buzz, the other guy, can't remember his name
    dazed024.gif
    ) helped spot my rounds as I had a new scope mounted. All three guys are super nice and helpful. The guy in the office put me on the right track to fix the problem with an 870 Express that would not open after firing. I need to write a post about that issue.

The only improvement I would suggest is some sound baffling on the concrete.

Top Bottom