• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Boy that's a lot of guns getting recalled!

I agree; first the SR9 now this. I think they are handling the situation in a very professional manner, but you have to wonder how they didn't realize this before now. At any rate, I really want one of the new mags with finger extension anyway, now I don't have to pay for it.

:D

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ruger only need to hire baseball pitchers to be their QC people: throw the gun as hard as one can against a flat surface, if it didn't go off, it's good...:D

Rugers used to be built like tanks, not too pretty but never fails. What kinda tank that breaks down so often? King Tiger?...:n00b:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I was at Premier Arms in Brownsburg when he recieved word of this. Bryce could not get alot of the LCP to begin with, so his return rate will be low. I hate to see how many Bob in Plainfield will get in for this recall.

All in all, this MUST be costing Ruger a small fortune. If they are going to throw in a mag for every gun recalled, this is a staggering loss, especially after the SR9 fiasco.

Also, on a side note, I know the LCP isnt an EXACT copy of the Keltec pocket guns, but pretty close. I wonder if the Keltec suffers from similar issues, given the similarity of external design, I wonder if the internals are similar?

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Wow you would think they would check that on all the guns off the line after that SR9 deal... Im begining to think Ruger just wants everyone to experience their steller Customer Service.:rolleyes:

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    wow, that sucks for Ruger. I want to send a pistol back to Ruger for some service but i'm afraid it'll be there for a year. I don't have enough guns to lose one for that long.

Meyertrees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Borden, IN
    The Keltecs have a hammer that revolves around a pin. Dropping does not cause the hammer to move. I have never heard of this being a problem with Keltec. I used to own a Keltec and I would rather have the Ruger. It appears to be sturdier.

Top Bottom