• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mlzoiss

Plinker
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    Any INGOers attending? How many people usually attend these? Are there many ladies that participate?

My husband doesn't want to shoot in the cold, I wasn't as worried, but I did wonder that it might not be optimal for my first experience. Any thoughts?

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Atlanta is a great range. They have a clubhouse for lunch that is nice to warm up in, and for restroom breaks, or just if you get too cold. This is a somewhat popular place that usually has between 10-15 attendees. At my last Appleseed at Ossian we had two ladies and 7 guys. Thats an average proportion.
    I will be there working this event as an Orange Hat (Instructor-In-Training).

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Shooting in the cold can be much more pleasant than the brutal 90°+ of summer

There is no bad weather. Just poor clothing choices.

Those heat packs for hands, feet, and body are great to have available if needed. I shoot SASS during the winter and they do a great job warding of the cold.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I prefer shooting in the cold to shooting in the heat. atlanta is a awesome range. there is something special about the gravel lol. definitely go. you will enjoy it a lot.

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    Project Appleseed Home
    you will need a rifle (some ranges require rimfire only, .22lr is most common, esp the 10/22)
    you will need a sling, and swivels to mount said sling. the usgi style web sling is best, you can get them from appleseed website, or locally at bradis (just picked up an extra today). at least two magazines.
    most importantly, a teachable attitude. instructors typically bring extra gear (rifles, slings, tools, etc, etc, etc) in case someone does not have what they need. there are always a few loaner rifles available as well.

Top Bottom