• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    The August USPSA Pistol match will be held on Sunday the 23rd at the Atlanta Conservation Club range in Atlanta, Indiana.
    NOTE if you want to shoot ICORE it will be occurring on the 29 at ACC.

ACC will also be holding a “USPSA TYPE” match for 22lr pistols on Sunday August 30.

For details, location and our full calendar of events check out our website at www.atlantacc.net. It has a new look and new features including the full year’s calendar of events.

Set-up is at 8:00 am, Registration at 9, Shooters meeting at 9:45. First shot immediately after the meeting.

YOU MUST ATTEND THE SHOOTERS/SAFETY MEETING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MATCH.
    Sign-in will close at the start of the Shooters meeting.

Your help with setup is greatly appreciated. Please help tear down your last stage.

RULES: Current USPSA pistol rules - refer to http://www.uspsa.org/
    MATCH FEES: $20 per shooter. RO’s and Setup Crew half price.

There will be at least 5 stages. Round count is approximately 125.
    Classifier is 99-28 Hillbillton Drill

NOTE: All matches at AtlantaCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    I'm afraid I will have to skip this and all future USPSA matches since I might develop some bad habits there...

Just kidding. I will be there. My ammo situation is not looking as good as I thought it was, so I may have to order some Montana Gold bullets and *gasp* actually use my Square Deal B... or I might not be shooting South Central.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Heavens!

I'm afraid I will have to skip this and all future USPSA matches since I might develop some bad habits there...

Just kidding. I will be there. My ammo situation is not looking as good as I thought it was, so I may have to order some Montana Gold bullets and *gasp* actually use my Square Deal B... or I might not be shooting South Central.

I hope you don't strain yourself on this reloading venture!:D

On the other hand let's all show up and develops some habits that will likely get us killed if the shooting ever really happens on the street. Perhaps we could all pledge to shoot slower, hit less and spend time puttng half loaded magazines into pockets. We could wear nothing but black clothing and stand around and talk about how easily we could disarm people at half speed. (rant is over):)

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

bring it over, we can set it up at my house, I will show you how to use it, then you can just come over when you need to reload

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

On the other hand let's all show up and develops some habits that will likely get us killed if the shooting ever really happens on the street. Perhaps we could all pledge to shoot slower, hit less and spend time puttng half loaded magazines into pockets. We could wear nothing but black clothing and stand around and talk about how easily we could disarm people at half speed. (rant is over):)

can't do it

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Just wanted to thank those who came out today. I hope you all had a good match and a good time. Look forward to seeing you on the range.

Mike

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Great match, good stages. Lots of fun.

The door in bay 2 looked like I built it. (and that ain't good):)

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    It was in better repair last time I used it. But that was several months ago. As I understand it the tear down crew really tore it down. Come to the open house you will see parts of it in the weanie roast fire.

Thanks for coming and the compliments. We have a good crew at ACC and we hope to get better as we go.

Mike

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008

Great match, I liked the difficulty of some of the shots. Good mix of run-and-gun and accuracy. I took the "shoot slower" suggestion seriously when a primer came out and prevented my gun from going back into battery. 40+ second run on a 24 round stage. That'll get me killed! :)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We took some video with Jake's camera. I don't know when he will have it ready.

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Great match, I liked the difficulty of some of the shots. Good mix of run-and-gun and accuracy. I took the "shoot slower" suggestion seriously when a primer came out and prevented my gun from going back into battery. 40+ second run on a 24 round stage. That'll get me killed! :)

First time I ever had a shooter blowing into the chamber of his pistol. It was the above mentioned primer. You did not mention the 6 or 7 times your XD failed going into battery. Shooting the gun dry at the worst of moments due to tap and rack for the failure to go in to battery. You stayed with it and finished.

Enjoyed shooting with you.

Mike

Top Bottom