Atf has changed eforms to prevent 18-20 year from using it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotcocoa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2023
    Osceola
    Good morning all, I recently went to submit a Eform1 for a 22lr suppressor and after filling all the boxes and info prepping a cad model and wasn't able to submit because I wasn't 21. Now this is odd because in 2022 I did eform1 for a 9mm suppressor that was approved no problem, and then two sbrs last year. So sometime between sept last year and now they made it so 18-20 year olds and use the eforms system but per the email I got back from the ATF NFA branch I was told I can use paper form1s, After this I contacted my Us house Rep (U.S. Rep. Yakym) to see if his staff could dig up why this is change was made to the eforms, screenshots of my emails to the atf and my rep will be attached. Let me know if you have any ideas Thanks Paul.atf1.JPG

Attachments

• aft2.JPG
      aft2.JPG
      95.8 KB · Views: 13

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I think the glitch was fixed, not changed, federal laws said you have to be 21 to own a machine gun or suppressor, but at 18 you can own a sbr or sbs

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    they why can you still paper form1 a can as a sub 21 individual
    Like I said, it’s a glitch that hasn’t been caught yet.

According to federal law, you can’t own a suppressor (because of your age)…so accordingly the government would think you couldn’t build one either, as I said I think it’s a glitch…and I wouldn’t make noise about unless you want your dog shot!

Remember you can’t buy a stripped lower, why?…because you could assemble it as a pistol and remember it’s against the law for ffl’s to sell handguns to people under 21

Hotcocoa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2023
    Osceola
    Like I said, it’s a glitch that hasn’t been caught yet.

According to federal law, you can’t own a suppressor (because of your age)…so accordingly the government would think you couldn’t build one either, as I said I think it’s a glitch…and I wouldn’t make noise about unless you want your dog shot!

Remember you can’t buy a stripped lower, why?…because you could assemble it as a pistol and remember it’s against the law for ffl’s to sell handguns to people under 21
    Your incorrect 18-20 can make there own nfa devices on a form1 and do person to person form4s just not type 3 ffl to individual, they can also be on a trust. But for some reason you have to do paper form1s because they will not let you use the eforms

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Your incorrect 18-20 can make there own nfa devices on a form1 and do person to person form4s just not type 3 ffl to individual, they can also be on a trust. But for some reason you have to do paper form1s because they will not let you use
    Again things I don’t understand about our government

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Your incorrect 18-20 can make there own nfa devices on a form1 and do person to person form4s just not type 3 ffl to individual, they can also be on a trust. But for some reason you have to do paper form1s because they will not let you use the eforms
    You keep trying to understand crazy ... that's crazy, and a waste of time. Just accept what you can do and work with the current work arounds until your turn 21 and all this mess goes away.

Or continue down this path until you find the answer that makes you happy. Seems to be a huge waste of time to me, but I'm not currently bothered by the crazy ... that is until the rules chage ... then I might be doing exactly what you're doing.

Top Bottom