• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    Obviously, this is not legal without a warrant and I think it's a bullying tactic on their part. Plus, this affirms that they have a registry (but I already knew that).

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Reporting Multiple Firearms Sales​

The Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968 requires federal firearms licensees (FFLs) to send a report to ATF when there is a sale of multiple firearms to the same purchaser within a certain time period.
    ATF uses the information gathered from multiple sales transactions to investigate possible firearms trafficking cases. If one or more firearms recovered from a crime are part of a multiple purchase, this could be an indicator of potential firearms trafficking. Crime guns recovered shortly after a multiple sale is known as a short time-to-crime ratio.

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Do they need a warrant?

To enter your house yes.

Up to you if you show them the firearms that they have listed.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Also being discussed in the thread below. A bit of cross-posting here but I think this one needs a separate thread.

Thread stands!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Also being discussed in the thread below. A bit of cross-posting here but I think this one needs a separate thread.

Thread stands!

Ok but I'm not gonna repost all the well thought out posts that I took the time to post in those other threads on the subject.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ok since you insist. Here's one I posted in the other thread where I made the observation that the ATF agent at one point in time told the guy that he did nothing wrong, absolutely zero when they were still trying to coax him into cooperating with them.

You just admitted that there is no evidence of wrongdoing, then you obviously cannot produce a warrant so it's time to end this encounter and leave my property.

I am under no obligation to participate in this conversation or cooperate in an attempt to coax me into voluntarily waiving my 4th amendment rights to prove to you that I didn't commit a crime. Have a nice day.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    It was either the '86 ban or the '94 ban that requires ATF to do this on multiple, same time purchases. I agree though, just because they have a job to do does not mean I need to help them complete it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was either the '86 ban or the '94 ban that requires ATF to do this on multiple, same time purchases. I agree though, just because they have a job to do does not mean I need to help them complete it.
    I know that FFLs are required to file the additional form for these purchases but is the ATF required to follow up on every one in person? I can't see them doing that, but I could be wrong.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm just curious what they would have done if the guy didn't cooperate. Like someone posted in the other thread when the ATF agent told the guy that if you just show us the firearms to confirm that you still have them, we're out of here. Does that imply that they won't leave if he doesn't show them? What happens next?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Curious.

Let's say ATF assholes show up like this with a trooper in tow. Could you ask for the ATF agents names and what's not then turn to the trooper and also for the trooper to trespass the agents from your property. What would the trooper do? Could the trooper do that? I know he probably wouldn't but could he?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Exercise your “NO” muscle.
    Working this muscle out often might be a benefit to the community as a whole.
    Yep. They need to know that this kind of **** won't be tolerated. The message needs to be spread far and wide.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I know that FFLs are required to file the additional form for these purchases but is the ATF required to follow up on every one in person? I can't see them doing that, but I could be wrong.
    I'll have to go back and research it some more. This may have been part of the ban that was just never really done. Perhaps Agents have been instructed to start doing that part of the job. Not sure yet. Also, we know little about the purchaser. Was he on some radar prior to this interaction? All speculation I guess at this point

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom