• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I think its going to be a worse govt. Watch for the Muslim Brotherhood to get their claws in an also other countries....by the way, they hate Americans worse than what was in control.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    So why did we assist militants in overthrowing Libyas govt? Were they not producing enough oil? Was it simply because Ghadafi has been in control forever? I dont remember them being on the axis of evil.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    So why did we assist militants in overthrowing Libyas govt? Were they not producing enough oil? Was it simply because Ghadafi has been in control forever? I dont remember them being on the axis of evil.

Ghadafi was looking to stop selling oil in dollars by switching to dinars and was reportedly pushing for others to follow suit.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Why is it our job to fix things when idiots can't play nice within their own borders? If it doesn't spill over too much, let them take each other out. (The oil aspect, I understand but the dinar has been talked about in the past for other things and not much ever really came from it).

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    I think its going to be a worse govt. Watch for the Muslim Brotherhood to get their claws in an also other countries....by the way, they hate Americans worse than what was in control.

You understand this.
    I understand this.
    Therefore those in power here in America must also understand this.

Still our government supports the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood through out the Middle East.

Why?:dunno:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You understand this.
    I understand this.

Still our government supports the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood through out the Middle East.

I wouldn't be so sure that those in power here understand all that much...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    China has/had quite a bit of business/industrial interests in Lybia. Their strength was building and Gadahfi played ball with them.
    I for one, tend to not believe the justifications for Foriegn intervention given by our Givernment so, I always look deeper to find the underlying reasons.

Cut off China from building strength in a region that holds much needed oil.
    Lay another nation open to radical Islam rule while claiming to be allies with the "moderate?" Muslim brotherhood.
    Opinion polls needed shoring up.
    Focus the electorates' attention away from dismal employment and economic performance.
    Pad accomplishments for upcoming re-election bid.

There are many more I'm sure. These are just my cynical few.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    You understand this.
    I understand this.

You're not under the impression that the government's goal is to help people, are you?

The government's goal is to help the government.

There is much more opportunity for the government to help itself if there is an ongoing crisis in which to insert itself.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    You understand this.
    I understand this.

They must have something that we NEED. Oil? a reason to war? Resources of some kind?

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    How can we be in the nation building business when our own is crumbling around us? The Isolationists are sounding better by the minute.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    A thought for those that think Revolution is the way, how many times in the History of the World has the New Government been better than the Old Government...

Top Bottom