Associated press article lists Oath Keepers as a extremist group.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Oh isn't that rich, Throw Randy Weaver in with Kozinksy and those skin head wackos.

Dude was just living his life and Big Brother trumped up a bunch of BS and caused people to die. The 'extremists' in that case were the government agencies involved.

And now Oathkeepers is 'Forcing' military and LE to sign?
    What a load of :poop:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Its at the bottom of the page. Oath Keepers are just below white supremacist and a little bit above Randy Weaver.
    Extremists finding fertile ground in Northwest US - Yahoo! News

While the "Oath Keepers" started out as a noble idea with a good message they have (IMO) since turned radical. They have lost tons of support from their original core target groups (LEO and Military ect.) Before someone starts railing on me I know lots of people who were originally on board with the "Original Oath Keepers" message. Most guys I know are now thinking just as I am. So it is just not me. The message they started out with was and still is correct. But they got gross ways somewhere along the line. Their ranks are now filled with nut jobs just about like the white supremacist's. Not all but way too many. They now have an radical extremist outlook and as a result are viewed by many as just that.:twocents: I feel safe in saying that being a member will make certain entities somewhat interested in ones activities.

I sure would not rank Randy Weaver as an extremist. He is a guy that got screwed over royal by the Janet Reno clowns.

Last edited:

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Sad but no surprise. The mainstream of his country has been skewed far to the left. Because of this, anyone who says that an all powerful government is bad is immediately thrown into the "extremist" bucket.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The reason they list Oath Keepers in this manner is that they got their info from the Southern poverty law center. That's the group that keeps making the lists of "extremists" and the press eats it up and treats it as gospel.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    People who want to uphold the Constitution are now considered 'radical extremists' and 'white supremacists'...

Talk about painting with a broad brush.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    People who want to uphold the Constitution are now considered 'radical extremists' and 'white supremacists'...

Talk about painting with a broad brush.

exactly! anytime a REGIME of Tyrants feel threatened by a group that wants fairness ans justice under the law they quickly discredit them and call them radical extremist to make other people afraid to join them. basically the govt is trying to cut the head off the snake and then bury it to keep it from re-biting. Oath Keepers is a good organization. Remember, .... WE THE PEOPLE DIDN'T START THE FIRE! Before its all said and done we will be called many names as our founders were. sticks and stones. The character of a man is judged by the cause he stands for and if he is unwavering towards those ideals and follows them through to fruition. Our cause my fellow citizens is liberty and we WILL see it through. For today's America and for posterity. The cause is much bigger than ourselves.

If the govt was doing its job and not full of a bunch of crooked traitors to liberty, we wouldn't even be having these discussions. They are crafty. they take the spotlight off themselves and try to cast it on others who are just trying to hold them accountable. crafty little weasels. Never forget who is in charge. It is not the government. They only have as much power as we grant them. its time to pull back the reins to full stop to prevent this collision coarse with disaster.

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The reason they list Oath Keepers in this manner is that they got their info from the Southern poverty law center. That's the group that keeps making the lists of "extremists" and the press eats it up and treats it as gospel.

Usually referred to as the "Southern Profitable Lies Center." Morris Dees also considers the NRA a "hate group."

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    exactly! anytime a REGIME of Tyrants feel threatened by a group that wants fairness ans justice under the law they quickly discredit them and call them radical extremist to make other people afraid to join them. basically the govt is trying to cut the head off the snake and then bury it to keep it from re-biting. Oath Keepers is a good organization. Remember, .... WE THE PEOPLE DIDN'T START THE FIRE! Before its all said and done we will be called many names as our founders were. sticks and stones. The character of a man is judged by the cause he stands for and if he is unwavering towards those ideals and follows them through to fruition. Our cause my fellow citizens is liberty and we WILL see it through. For today's America and for posterity. The cause is much bigger than ourselves.

If the govt was doing its job and not full of a bunch of crooked traitors to liberty, we wouldn't even be having these discussions. They are crafty. they take the spotlight off themselves and try to cast it on others who are just trying to hold them accountable. crafty little weasels. Never forget who is in charge. It is not the government. They only have as much power as we grant them. its time to pull back the reins to full stop to prevent this collision coarse with disaster.

100% right.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Ranger has a very good view of what the OK's is meant to be for. He can't be responsible for what others actions are and what they want OK's to be.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    This might be a stupid question but this Burgert fellow was "charged with trying to spark a revolution" Is that the actual charge?:dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    While the "Oath Keepers" started out as a noble idea with a good message they have (IMO) since turned radical. They have lost tons of support from their original core target groups (LEO and Military ect.) Before someone starts railing on me I know lots of people who were originally on board with the "Original Oath Keepers" message. Most guys I know are now thinking just as I am. So it is just not me. The message they started out with was and still is correct. But they got gross ways somewhere along the line. Their ranks are now filled with nut jobs just about like the white supremacist's. Not all but way too many. They now have an radical extremist outlook and as a result are viewed by many as just that.:twocents: I feel safe in saying that being a member will make certain entities somewhat interested in ones activities.

I sure would not rank Randy Weaver as an extremist. He is a guy that got screwed over royal by the Janet Reno clowns.
    Could you expand on this difference? Particularly the "new and not-so-improved" message part. I guess I still consider the "old" message to be the same message. Just curious. Thanks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Gotta love the "evil by association" sentence structure they had going on in that article. I don't think I once read "patriot groups" without an "and white supremacists/hate groups/they want to wage war on the government" tacked on to the end of it. I suppose it's not possible to organize for a peaceful, yet prepared, opposition to the government :rolleyes: .

Well, I know where to migrate to if Indiana gets overrun after a CHTF scenario, at least :D .

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Top Bottom