• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have often stated the fact to legislators and verbally to others that the only Assault weapons are fully automatic as defined by the Armies of the world. No semi-auto weapon has EVER been accurately called an Assault weapon.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It's not your declaration that counts. Sorry, but it's the reaction to that declaration from the powers that be, and then the reaction of the populace, to whatever the powers that be implement.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Not sure if this has been posted yet but its an easy way to explain things to someone who is asking:

The Truth About Assault Weapons

It even works on a smart phone by swiping the screen so scroll through the pages.

Thanks for posting this link. After watching the story on Channel 13 about Obama's 23 executive actions, I forwarded your link to them to read. I get tired of hearing the Media refer to an AR as a "military-style assault rifle".

I doubt if anything will come of it, but we have to try!

csnoski

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great explanation! I thoight about sending to some friends, but, if you don't really care about guns, it's a bit too long for modern day attention spans.

I had a friend over this wknd. She isn't much interested about guns, but, disturbingly, she thought 'assaut weapons' WERE machine guns. i am afraid there are a lot of people out there who do, in part owing to their scary looks.

The slideshow also confirmed a thought I had recently. My S&W J frame IS a semi auto pistol :)

Top Bottom