• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Mine must be bigger `an yourn. I only wants me a .50BMG.

If you've got a million rounds of ammo... Hell, if you've for 10,000 rounds of ammo stored in any single location within your home, you'd better have some form of fire suppression equipment installed in the same place.

To all, I rest my case.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Here's 10,001 rounds without a fire suppression system. :runaway:

3585D455-0FF1-4347-A328-ECDD81C80100-6507-00000449F8638745.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I guess if you like legitimizing their argument.

We must make drugs illegal because meth labs pose a risk to neighboring houses. But my 100# of powder, 50,000 rounds of ammo, etc. pose no fire hazard.

Million rounds of ammo found at CA house - USATODAY.com

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[SIZE=+1]Residential Meth Lab Dangers[/SIZE]
    The use of methamphetamines as an abused drug has risen dramatically in the last 10 years. The reasons are understandable: it can be made from readily available materials found in drug stores, home improvement stores, and agricultural chemical supplies - by mail and the internet. It can be made in small quantities in a basement, garage, storage space, bathroom or bedroom in just a few hours. It doesn’t have to be smuggled in from Afghanistan or Columbia.

The dangers are also as dramatic: fire explosions, pollution, short and long term health effects, contamination of homes, vehicles, children and law enforcement personnel.​

In 2004, there were 17,170 meth lab “incidents” according to the Drug Enforcement Administration National Clandestine Laboratory Database. The greatest concentration of these meth labs is in the Midwest, apparently due to availability of the ingredient anhydrous ammonia, which is a commercial crop fertilizer. But these clandestine meth labs are appearing everywhere in the U.S.​

Law enforcement personnel who perform seizures of these clandestine meth labs face significant dangers. This is also true of investigating officers who may be at a meth lab site for a significant period of time gathering evidence.​

Exposure can result from inhalation or physical contact with a variety of known chemicals with known effects and a host of exposures to reactions that can occur from the chemicals used in meth cooks.​

The probability that methamphetamine will contaminate a building where a cook has occurred is almost certain. It is also certain that contamination persists weeks, months, and possibly years after a meth cook or cooks have occurred. It is highly likely that methamphetamine contamination will occur in furniture, floors, walls, furnishings, clothing and personal items such as toys.​

There has been no level of contamination considered safe since, there is no research available on the effects on humans at low levels of methamphetamine. The safe level is thus the detectable level.​
    Methamphetamine, whether in an area where a cook, or use, has occurred, can readily become airborne both as a particulate and a vapor. It can thereafter settle on any flat surface and be picked up by passersby or re-aerosolized and inhaled. This is most important where toddlers and young children are present.​

Practically anyone associated with a meth cook area; family, friends, law enforcement, custodial personnel, will have positive urine tests for methamphetamines.​

An area can also be contaminated by just “smoking” meth. Although methamphetamine can be ingested or injected, the most likely method of use is smoking. Tests by the National Jewish Medical and Research Center in Colorado have shown that as few as 5 “smokes” can result in equaling the 0.1ug/100cm2 clean up level; resulting in exposure to other occupants especially young children – who crawl on floors, touch everything, and often have their hands in their mouths.​

The safe levels of building occupants where a cook or even repeated “smoking” has taken place have not been established.​
    Allowable levels of methamphetamine after cleanup are not based on health effects since there is little known on the subject of low level exposure. The levels are set based on limits of detection. The State of Washington recently reduced its allowable level from 5 ug/ft2 to 0.1 ug/100cm2 for a surface wipe test. Colorado has set a limit of 0.5 ug/ft2 for a surface test.

The limit for air samples is 0.1 ug/M3.​
    Atlantic Environmental, Inc. has the ability to perform air sampling, wipe samples and suggest the levels of personnel protection required in a particular situation. We can also recommend clean up requirements, disposal of chemicals and occupancy decisions where methamphetamine was “smoked” or otherwise abused, or meth cooks have occurred.​

Atlantic Environmental Inc

Yes, because ^^^THIS^^^ is the same thing as storing ammunition. Not to mention that a meth lab can explode during a cook or improper storage of materials by simply introducing a spark to the area. Your argument is invalid. :nuts::nono:

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    He's trying to insult gun owners by saying they have small penises? Puh-leeze. Gun owners have been telling other gun owners the same thing for YEARS. Ever heard of the OC vs CC debate? :lmfao:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I know this is a bull**** story. Why, you ask? Because I don't even own an assault rifle and I have a tiny penis.

This story is insulting to us with tiny penises. We Prefer corvettes and lifted 4wd trucks.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[SIZE=+1]Residential Meth Lab Dangers[/SIZE]
    The use of methamphetamines as an abused drug has risen dramatically in the last 10 years. The reasons are understandable: it can be made from readily available materials found in drug stores, home improvement stores, and agricultural chemical supplies - by mail and the internet. It can be made in small quantities in a basement, garage, storage space, bathroom or bedroom in just a few hours. It doesn’t have to be smuggled in from Afghanistan or Columbia.

The dangers are also as dramatic: fire explosions, pollution, short and long term health effects, contamination of homes, vehicles, children and law enforcement personnel.​

In 2004, there were 17,170 meth lab “incidents” according to the Drug Enforcement Administration National Clandestine Laboratory Database. The greatest concentration of these meth labs is in the Midwest, apparently due to availability of the ingredient anhydrous ammonia, which is a commercial crop fertilizer. But these clandestine meth labs are appearing everywhere in the U.S.​

Law enforcement personnel who perform seizures of these clandestine meth labs face significant dangers. This is also true of investigating officers who may be at a meth lab site for a significant period of time gathering evidence.​

Exposure can result from inhalation or physical contact with a variety of known chemicals with known effects and a host of exposures to reactions that can occur from the chemicals used in meth cooks.​

The probability that methamphetamine will contaminate a building where a cook has occurred is almost certain. It is also certain that contamination persists weeks, months, and possibly years after a meth cook or cooks have occurred. It is highly likely that methamphetamine contamination will occur in furniture, floors, walls, furnishings, clothing and personal items such as toys.​

There has been no level of contamination considered safe since, there is no research available on the effects on humans at low levels of methamphetamine. The safe level is thus the detectable level.​
    Methamphetamine, whether in an area where a cook, or use, has occurred, can readily become airborne both as a particulate and a vapor. It can thereafter settle on any flat surface and be picked up by passersby or re-aerosolized and inhaled. This is most important where toddlers and young children are present.​

Practically anyone associated with a meth cook area; family, friends, law enforcement, custodial personnel, will have positive urine tests for methamphetamines.​

An area can also be contaminated by just “smoking” meth. Although methamphetamine can be ingested or injected, the most likely method of use is smoking. Tests by the National Jewish Medical and Research Center in Colorado have shown that as few as 5 “smokes” can result in equaling the 0.1ug/100cm2 clean up level; resulting in exposure to other occupants especially young children – who crawl on floors, touch everything, and often have their hands in their mouths.​

The safe levels of building occupants where a cook or even repeated “smoking” has taken place have not been established.​
    Allowable levels of methamphetamine after cleanup are not based on health effects since there is little known on the subject of low level exposure. The levels are set based on limits of detection. The State of Washington recently reduced its allowable level from 5 ug/ft2 to 0.1 ug/100cm2 for a surface wipe test. Colorado has set a limit of 0.5 ug/ft2 for a surface test.

The limit for air samples is 0.1 ug/M3.​
    Atlantic Environmental, Inc. has the ability to perform air sampling, wipe samples and suggest the levels of personnel protection required in a particular situation. We can also recommend clean up requirements, disposal of chemicals and occupancy decisions where methamphetamine was “smoked” or otherwise abused, or meth cooks have occurred.​

Atlantic Environmental Inc

Yes, because ^^^THIS^^^ is the same thing as storing ammunition. Not to mention that a meth lab can explode during a cook or improper storage of materials by simply introducing a spark to the area. Your argument is invalid. :nuts::nono:

I'm not saying it's the same. I'm saying the arguments to regulate it are the same. It's for the children! And how did we get 17,170 incidents? It's against the law.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Yes. Just like my grandpa could go to the drug store and buy heroin at the pharmacy. Legalizing drugs seems to work pretty well.

We criticize gun bans because they don't work.

Gun owners seem to change their minds when it comes to drugs.

I don't do them, drugs being legal certainly wouldn't change my behavior at all. I refuse to acknowledge the nonsense that drugs being banned will work either. The war on drugs has been the biggest waste of tax payer money, domestically, that I can think of ever.
    I would agree with this thought. Remember it was only in the last century that any Drugs were banned. The drug ban has done absolutely nothing as far as limiting use. It worked just like Prohibition. During prohibition, I know all the profits that were made went to corrupt politicians (that how the Kennedy fortune was made), Mobsters and "Syndicates". Alcohol, being illegal was sold to ANYONE regardless of age or condition - much of the "alcohol" was adulterated with poison like methanol or lead. No taxes were ever paid - The supply was just as great as when it had been legal. Many people were killed due to the great profits being made. The Federal Government spent many millions chasing the "bad guys" who then paid corrupt police and politicians thousands to be released and do it again. When prohibition was repealed most of all the problems disappeared.
    The "drug war" is very similar. I remember cutting marijuana down along fence rows when I was in high school. This was planted in Newton County during the wars to provide hemp for ropes. Drug agents would drive around the county and tell the farmers they needed to clear it from their fence rows in the next week or so. The farmers would then hire us. No big deal and no one I knew at that time used any of it to "Get high". If you look at the drug use prior to the passage of the anti drug laws, it was not a huge problem for society. If marijuana were legalized in the US, taxed and regulated like alcohol, I don't think you would find many people using any other drugs (except those that are already addicted). The supply for children would dry up, as would the profits for the Cartels and corrupt politicians etc. and the drug would not contain other substances. As far as legalizing Heroin - I don't know, but I believe medical solutions could be found that would work to reduce and gradually eliminate the use. The same with other drugs. Elimination of the prison sentences for people currently serving time for certain drug use would save countless millions - most were never any threat to anyone except themselves. Elimination or major reduction of the "Drug task forces" would also save millions if not billions. Taxes placed on the sale of marijuana and income for the growers would certainly benefit society. Sure there are and will be problems, but I don't think there would be as many or the problems left as severe as what we face now.
    By the way I do not, and probably would not use these drugs if they were made legal, just don't see what the government is doing now working at all.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I would agree with this thought. Remember it was only in the last century that any Drugs were banned. The drug ban has done absolutely nothing as far as limiting use. It worked just like Prohibition. During prohibition, I know all the profits that were made went to corrupt politicians (that how the Kennedy fortune was made), Mobsters and "Syndicates". Alcohol, being illegal was sold to ANYONE regardless of age or condition - much of the "alcohol" was adulterated with poison like methanol or lead. No taxes were ever paid - The supply was just as great as when it had been legal. Many people were killed due to the great profits being made. The Federal Government spent many millions chasing the "bad guys" who then paid corrupt police and politicians thousands to be released and do it again. When prohibition was repealed most of all the problems disappeared.
    The "drug war" is very similar. I remember cutting marijuana down along fence rows when I was in high school. This was planted in Newton County during the wars to provide hemp for ropes. Drug agents would drive around the county and tell the farmers they needed to clear it from their fence rows in the next week or so. The farmers would then hire us. No big deal and no one I knew at that time used any of it to "Get high". If you look at the drug use prior to the passage of the anti drug laws, it was not a huge problem for society. If marijuana were legalized in the US, taxed and regulated like alcohol, I don't think you would find many people using any other drugs (except those that are already addicted). The supply for children would dry up, as would the profits for the Cartels and corrupt politicians etc. and the drug would not contain other substances. As far as legalizing Heroin - I don't know, but I believe medical solutions could be found that would work to reduce and gradually eliminate the use. The same with other drugs. Elimination of the prison sentences for people currently serving time for certain drug use would save countless millions - most were never any threat to anyone except themselves. Elimination or major reduction of the "Drug task forces" would also save millions if not billions. Taxes placed on the sale of marijuana and income for the growers would certainly benefit society. Sure there are and will be problems, but I don't think there would be as many or the problems left as severe as what we face now.
    By the way I do not, and probably would not use these drugs if they were made legal, just don't see what the government is doing now working at all.

:yesway: Amazing how the forbidden fruit aspect almost encourages what they're tring to eliminate. I saw many a teenager in German nightclubs. Rarely did I ever see one drunk. I don't recall there ever being a boob fetish there either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know this is a bull**** story. Why, you ask? Because I don't even own an assault rifle and I have a tiny penis.

This story is insulting to us with tiny penises. We Prefer corvettes and lifted 4wd trucks.

So, if this is the case my 110 CI Super charged Harley (Nitrous injected) indicates I have a tiny weeny. I will have to check. Get back with you. Need to look in the mirror.

Top Bottom