• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Another former Petty Officer here, and I can say that, on the three boats I served on, any shipmate that would have tried tackling someone and tickling them in the way and to the extent that the former Congressman did would have to have been carried to MEDICAL for sickcall the following morning.

Crossing the line (equator) (Shell-back ceremony) has a whole different set of rules accompanying the process.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Another former Petty Officer here, and I can say that, on the three boats I served on, any shipmate that would have tried tackling someone and tickling them in the way and to the extent that the former Congressman did would have to have been carried to MEDICAL for sickcall the following morning.

Crossing the line (equator) (Shell-back ceremony) has a whole different set of rules accompanying the process.

I never got tickled. :D
    I was very very bad and had a list of offenses pages long. I got to go though 3/4 of it twice. :D
    I have to admit I did have more fun as a wog crossing the equator than I did as a shellback.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Former Congressman Eric Massa was describing on a radio program and to Glenn Beck how, in his apartment, he tackled an aide and "tickled him to tears" or something similar, and then four other guys piled on top of them in one giant tickle fest. Mr. Massa is approximately 50 years old. He is a former Navy vet with 24 years of service. For Beck, he brought along a copy of his Cruise Book (think High School year book, but for a 6 month cruise to the Med or Western Pacific) showing the "crossing the line (equator) ceremony where a lot of hijinks and fun is had by experienced sailors at the expense of new sailors (think hazing in a frat).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    +1 to Blue Tile Spook for the Shellback reference (belly kiss).
    Lolz I hadn't thought of that ceremony for a long time and it sure brings back memories! A CTO3 Shellback that I was with took particular pride in beating the wogs.

I never got tickled. :D
    I was very very bad and had a list of offenses pages long. I got to go though 3/4 of it twice. :D
    I have to admit I did have more fun as a wog crossing the equator than I did as a shellback.
    No, no tickling here, either. I out-processed shortly after our ceremony was had so I had little time as a Shellback compared to my previous four and a half years as a lowly WOG.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    My ship was put under investigation for our first ceremony. That was when I was a wog. We were luring shellbacks into our shop and tying them up in our equipment room before midnight mass. LOL
    I rode three carriers. There wouldn't have been enough room in the hangar bays to tie all the Shellbacks up! lol

Top Bottom