AR's marked as "in stock" only $950 but it's pre-order..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    How is it they can say "IN STOCK" and it be a pre-order? False advertising..

From Critical Survival | ST-15 16" M4 LE Carbine

"This Rifle will not ship for an estimated 12 Months from date of order. All Spikes Tactical Rifles are custom built. We are accepting a limited amount of Pre-Orders for Rifles at this time as quantity in stock."

Anyone else seeing this type of advertising going on? I bet people don't read it all, hurry through the order process and then when they get their money taken think they will have a rifle shipping soon and it says a year.. LOL

TJ

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    It gets even better with these guys, at the very end of their store policies it says that if you cancel a prepaid order they will charge you $200 or 20% of the total of the order whichever is greater.

Caveat Emptor

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    "In stock" means I GIVE YOU THE MONEY AND YOU GIVE ME THE GUN in ONE transaction.

Thinking we're stupid enough to believe that
    Pre-Order 1 year in advance=In Stock,
    is another example of the "vaporware" that so many in the gun industry try to sell us.

I wouldn't trust ANYBODY who does business like this!

Last edited:

SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I guess I can kind of understand half down to hold the gun, but the whole amount 12 months prior to delivery? No thanks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am getting the same deal from PSA right now. Ordered a stripped upper from "In stock" and they want 15 business days to ship. Next day the funds are pulled from my account and now....20 business days later I can not get through to customer service, e-mail response is negative and the voice mail box is full. WTF

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wouldn't send any money up front to some random distributor. There's a thread on here where a guy sent money for an AR and parts and then they closed up shop. If anybody asks for money up front be wary, they are likely using your money to pay bills so they can survive from one month to the next.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that these are Spikes Tactical AR's! The clowns at Spikes had enough trouble filling order within 12 months, BOFORE all the craziness. I would wager, if somebody was dumb enough to order one of those, they'd be lucky to receive it in 2 years.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    "In stock" means I GIVE YOU THE MONEY AND YOU GIVE ME THE GUN in ONE transaction.

Thinking we're stupid enough to believe that
    Pre-Order 1 year in advance=In Stock,
    is another example of the "vaporware" that so many in the gun industry try to sell us.

I wouldn't trust ANYBODY who does business like this!

Seems to be a lot of that going on now.

I got burned earlier on a deal like that. It said "in stock," I ordered, start wondering where my parts are and I get an email saying "Your order has been canceled." What is that nonsense? You let me order, then go "Oh. Oops. We can't honor your order."

I am getting the same deal from PSA right now. Ordered a stripped upper from "In stock" and they want 15 business days to ship. Next day the funds are pulled from my account and now....20 business days later I can not get through to customer service, e-mail response is negative and the voice mail box is full. WTF

I bet they're swamped. They were swamped when I bought my upper before the madness. It did take a little longer than they said, but it got there.

I'm also shocked you were able to get an order in. I think I've got a better chance of seeing Sasquatch than I do getting an order in for a PSA lower.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    You can order 1000 rounds of 9mm ammo on sportsmsnsguide, s message comes up that it is backordered and will ship in Jan 2014...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seems to be a lot of that going on now.

I got burned earlier on a deal like that. It said "in stock," I ordered, start wondering where my parts are and I get an email saying "Your order has been canceled." What is that nonsense? You let me order, then go "Oh. Oops. We can't honor your order."

I bet they're swamped. They were swamped when I bought my upper before the madness. It did take a little longer than they said, but it got there.

I'm also shocked you were able to get an order in. I think I've got a better chance of seeing Sasquatch than I do getting an order in for a PSA lower.

I was looking and a fellow ingo member PM me with the link. I got on ASAP and it showed in stock on a stripped upper. I jumped and they verified. I got one response by e-mail (canned) and have not been able to get through since. Sat on hold 3 times for over 30 minutes 2 days in a row. They may have shut down the switchboard.
    My problem is they took the funds and have not delivered. If I treat my customers that way I would not have any. Pull the funds when you get ready to ship...notify and then ship just like Brownells, sportsmans guide, midwest, lucky gunner and the list goes on. It is a PI$$ poor way to do business.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You can order 1000 rounds of 9mm ammo on sportsmsnsguide, s message comes up that it is backordered and will ship in Jan 2014...

At least sportsmansguide is a reputable and established company and their backorder notices are designed to be very noticeable. Impossible, really.

Not sure where their policy on cancelling is, but I bet you it won't cost you $200.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm in the same boat for PSA parts. Got an order in for a stripped upper and a complete lower build kit for a lower I already have. They already took the funds out of my account for both.

Top Bottom