• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just to review: the largest Army training base where they provide Basic Training to members of the ARMED FORCES will keep all the UNLOADED weapons locked up because one individual who should've never made it past the recruiter let alone MEPS, "escaped" (The Military Times has gone to **** since Gannett bought it) from Fort Jackson and "hijacked" a school bus WITH AN OBVIOUSLY UNLOADED WEAPON?

Richland County made the arrest. Maybe Deputy Garo Brown choke-slammed the loser.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Never agreed to “immersion“ too much of a pain the a$$. Give em weapons when needed back in the day we spent BRM at the range. Now they wanna take them back to the barracks every day.

lf Joe is 10 miles from nowhere he does no harm. Just like having a medic screen them and send them return to duty. Instead of whining at sick call to get light duty.

When I was the SDS I would track every Private if they missed three training events game over.

I would recycle your A$$!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just to review: the largest Army training base where they provide Basic Training to members of the ARMED FORCES will keep all the UNLOADED weapons locked up because one individual who should've never made it past the recruiter let alone MEPS, "escaped" (The Military Times has gone to **** since Gannett bought it) from Fort Jackson and "hijacked" a school bus WITH AN OBVIOUSLY UNLOADED WEAPON?

Richland County made the arrest. Maybe Deputy Garo Brown choke-slammed the loser.
    Apparently not so obvious to a civilian.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I've said it before and here again. The military needs a better mental health evaluation of all recruits. Mentally unstable people should not be trained to kill.
    Why?? I was a Goddamned good INFANTRYMAN without a mental evaluation. 3 wars, 2 "Peacekeeping" missions, Five years in the Middle East alone, guess what, **** YOU. I will survive.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Why?? I was a Goddamned good INFANTRYMAN without a mental evaluation. 3 wars, 2 "Peacekeeping" missions, Five years in the Middle East alone, guess what, **** YOU. I will survive.
    Were you mentally ill?

Well let's see. My oldest served 8 years under Obama 19D. While in his basic training he had a nut case that threatened to kill everyone in his platoon because he wasn't told Cavalry Scouts had to use weapons and kill people so he was going to kill everyone in the platoon if he wasn't released. They did nothing and this guy finally got a loaded rifle yelled they were dead the guys dog piled him took the rifle from him. Then and only then did they decide he needed an evaluation. MP's showed up took him away. As far as he knows he got a section 8. So yes better mental health evaluations are needed. Especially with Gen Z recruits.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Might as well hire a witchdoctor
    So you don't think there is a better way to screen recruits so they don't end up shooting up the base or taking over a school bus full of children as hostages?

They are dealing with Gen Z now according to research around 50% have a mental illness of some kind.

1621242159106.png

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Never agreed to “immersion“ too much of a pain the a$$. Give em weapons when needed back in the day we spent BRM at the range. Now they wanna take them back to the barracks every day.

lf Joe is 10 miles from nowhere he does no harm. Just like having a medic screen them and send them return to duty. Instead of whining at sick call to get light duty.

When I was the SDS I would track every Private if they missed three training events game over.

I would recycle your A$$!
    I don't have a problem with weapons immersion, we've been doing it for about 15 years now without any major problems. It definitely makes things easier from an administrative stand point, morning schedules are always tight I can't imagine waiting for 250 trainees to line up and draw weapons everyday. Like you said back in the day they would get weapons for BRM or when it's time for the field but there are advantages to them having the weapons everyday. Throughout the course of basic they can become a lot more comfortable with the rifles, clearing, disassembly, cleaning, etc. There are a lot more opportunities now to reinforce good weapons handling practices over the cycle as well. I was at Benning when basic/osut was changed to a more war-time model and immersion was first introduced, at that time our trainees just hung them on their beds at night lol. Now across most posts they are locked up in racks at night up in the bays and the keys turned in and then distributed in the morning either before or after PT depending on the unit. The days of actually being able to recycle a trainee, I remember those, recently all they have done is reduce the amount of events that are actually 'required' to graduate so it takes a lot of that off the table.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So you don't think there is a better way to screen recruits so they don't end up shooting up the base or taking over a school bus full of children as hostages?

They are dealing with Gen Z now according to research around 50% have a mental illness of some kind.

View attachment 140343

I don't think psychology is at that point yet.
    Oh, they'll catch the most obvious, but they already do that.
    If so, then the anti-gunners dream would be met, requiring all gun owners to be screened.

Once again, as a nuke, I was put thru that screening.
    Not impressed.

Top Bottom