• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Armslist doesn't sell anything, so I don't see where they would have issues.

gunbroker??? I don't know

if Barry has his way every transaction will have to go through an FFL and be subject to a complete background check. I think we would see private sales through places like Armslist, or right here in the classifieds, go away.

XSVskill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Decatur, IN
    Nothing will happen to them. All armslist does is provide a means to connect buyer and seller...Instead of meeting at the LMS(local marsh store:laugh:) to make the transaction they will have to meet at the LGS.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I love Armslist for entertainment. Some people try to sell the biggest pieces of junk at premium prices and others want to rant about it. They need a 'best of armslist' just like craigslist.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I love Armslist for entertainment. Some people try to sell the biggest pieces of junk at premium prices and others want to rant about it. They need a 'best of armslist' just like craigslist.

Hey now, I bought a Raven .25 for the low price of $1,500 last week. That is a museum quality piece at a very reasonable price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey now, I bought a Raven .25 for the low price of $1,500 last week. That is a museum quality piece at a very reasonable price.

Yeah I know...you out bid me. I was only going $1450 and the deal closed before I could bump your bid. I settled for a Davis daringer in .38 for $1100
    what a deal

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Nothing will happen to them. All armslist does is provide a means to connect buyer and seller...Instead of meeting at the LMS(local marsh store:laugh:) to make the transaction they will have to meet at the LGS.

^^^This. It will be an inconvenience but otherwise won't slow things down much. A lot of the firearms sold are probably interstate anyway and already go through an FFL. My guess, though, is that at gun shows they'll have people doing nothing but serving as FFL for private transactions.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    When what takes effect? Did any of you comprehend what happened today? NOTHING. Everything stayed exactly the same. Why would you ask what will happen to GunBroker, Armslist, etc?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    When what takes effect? Did any of you comprehend what happened today? NOTHING. Everything stayed exactly the same. Why would you ask what will happen to GunBroker, Armslist, etc?

I haven't had a chance to see what was signed through executive order and what will need to be pushed in a bill, but I'm quite sure a background check for every gun purchase is something that will eventually be implemented. I think the OP was simply wondering what will happen going forward.

achilles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    I would think it would be a bigger deal for Armslist as it seems like there is many more people shopping "in state" vs gun broker where I would think a lot of those sales already have an ffl involved due to shipping. Course $100 a pop pmags won't do much for the traffic at either site.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I wonder, will this give the oppurtunity for underhanded LGSs to raise charges for transfer fees? Would hate to drive an extra hour to get a decent transfer price. Already paying $25

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I haven't had a chance to see what was signed through executive order and what will need to be pushed in a bill, but I'm quite sure a background check for every gun purchase is something that will eventually be implemented. I think the OP was simply wondering what will happen going forward.

I agree when will it take place or are they still mashing it out? It's still all vague. Then a background check for all new and old purchases?

Wouldn't that be registering all purchases? Here's my proof that I had a background check, the serial numbers match the gun and my background check papers.

Top Bottom