• ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Here is a classic offer I just recieved

"Would u be interested in a fully tacked out norinco Sks pro camo paint job and trigger job 40 rd clips Shoots 3 rd burst or FA lemme know can text or email pics"

"

Napalm217

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have been trying to sell a gun on Armslist this past week and almost had it sold to a buyer. I called the buyer to verify his name so I could put it on a transfer form for my records and the guy got pissed that I wanted to do that. We called the whole thing off because he didn't want to have his name on a transfer form, that just screams felon.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I have been trying to sell a gun on Armslist this past week and almost had it sold to a buyer. I called the buyer to verify his name so I could put it on a transfer form for my records and the guy got pissed that I wanted to do that. We called the whole thing off because he didn't want to have his name on a transfer form, that just screams felon.

It doesn't necessarily "scream felon", it could be someone that believes at some point we will have our guns confiscated, and they think that if that gun is not linked to them, they won't have to surrender it. I have had several people tell me similar beliefs to this, not realizing of the billions of guns out there, it would probably take hundreds of years to track them all down by serial number. And then again, maybe he is a felon:dunno:
    Or he might be worried about identity theft :dunno:

Last edited:

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Unless you're an FFL you'd have no reason to make the guy give you any of his information like that.

Napalm217

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I with admit that maybe asking for his name for a form was a bit paranoid but I just wanted to protect myself. The tone and the way the guy spoke to me on the phone is what led me to think he was a felon. I decided to just put the gun up on gun broker so I don't have to worry about who I sell it to. I have trusted too many people in the past and had it come back to bite me that I don't trust anyone anymore.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I with admit that maybe asking for his name for a form was a bit paranoid but I just wanted to protect myself. The tone and the way the guy spoke to me on the phone is what led me to think he was a felon. I decided to just put the gun up on gun broker so I don't have to worry about who I sell it to. I have trusted too many people in the past and had it come back to bite me that I don't trust anyone anymore.

There is nothing wrong with being a little "paranoid", and if you didn't feel right about the guy, you did the right thing by not selling it to him.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Unless you're an FFL you'd have no reason to make the guy give you any of his information like that.

Are you sure???? I had a guy selling a rifle say he had to see a LTCH because the law required that he verify my identity and that I wasn't a felon!!!

I didn't know it said that.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have bought, sold, and traded a few guns and accessories over last few years on armslist. Most went well or Ok, but I have been cautious and still have had a few people misrepresent what they had. One thing I will not do is travel very far for a meeting. My time and gas money are too valuable to waste for a no show. I have had excellant results on Ingunowners.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Are you sure???? I had a guy selling a rifle say he had to see a LTCH because the law required that he verify my identity and that I wasn't a felon!!!

The law requires that he not have reason to believe you a felon. There's a subtle, but important difference. The difference being that the burden of proof is on your accuser and not on you.

Plus, I think looking a easily forged piece of pink paper is foolish. You know they don't take it away when you commit a felony... :n00b:

Lilboy1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indianapolis

IC 35-47-2-7
    Prohibited sales or transfers of ownership
    **** Sec. 7. (a) Except an individual acting within a parent-minor child or guardian-minor protected person relationship or any other individual who is also acting in compliance with IC*35-47-10, a person may not sell, give, or in any other manner transfer the ownership or possession of a handgun or assault weapon (as defined in IC*35-50-2-11) to any person under eighteen (18) years of age.

****(b) It is unlawful for a person to sell, give, or in any manner transfer the ownership or possession of a handgun to another person who the person has reasonable cause to believe:
    ********(1) has been:
    ************(A) convicted of a felony; or
    ************(B) adjudicated a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult, if the person seeking to obtain ownership or possession of the handgun is less than twenty-three (23) years of age;
    ********(2) is a drug abuser;
    ********(3) is an alcohol abuser; or
    ********(4) is mentally incompetent.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.33-1989, SEC.126; P.L.140-1994, SEC.8; P.L.269-1995, SEC.7.

If you suspect someone is, not saying you are or that they thought that you were, it is against the law to sell a weapon to them. Other than doing a background check on someone it is hard to verify wether someone is or not. Just have to go off the vibe that you get off the other person.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Actually found my first nefarious person on Armslist. We had a deal all worked out, a helluva deal for me. And when we were setting up the meet I told him I would want to see an IN DL (he was selling so I just wanted to check residency). And since I told him that he has clammed up and appears no longer to be selling.

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    I'll probably be the only one to say this, but I prefer to deal via PM, e-mail, or text. Not a phone call kinda person.

Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so.

Makes sense to me as well, an email or text is fine as long as both parties agree. I don't care to talk to some guy about all his life experiences on the phone when I just want to buy or trade. I have made several Armslist deals with no problems.

Top Bottom