• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Just contacted a fella about a gun he had listed on Armslist. He was kind enough to offer me $200 less than my gun is worth new, meanwhile asking me to pay him $250 more than his gun was worth new. I feel bad for all of the ignorant people that fall victim to deals like this!!

I can't stress it enough, do some research first, and online at that. Most brick and mortars charge $100 or more higher than online stores, not to mention no tax and no shipping. I am not against buying local, but if you do, realize that in most cases you have over paid and most of us are not going to pay for you overpaying. This issue will always come up in selling or trading your firearm because people look online at the cheapest listed price when considering purchase or trade, I do this my self as well because when I buy new, I pay the absolute bottom dollar.

Just my :twocents: and sure I will be flamed for ordering online and dogging brick and mortar markups, but $100 is $100 and more ammo in my stash! Don't give me to much BS about buying local when you are buying a gun that is MADE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY!

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Sorry, but tired of people whining that I need to be buying local and they are carrying a Glock that was made in Austria. Nothing against Glocks or Glock owners, but you get the point.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Remember the rules ; your gun is lucky someone will take it off your hands , their guns are made from pure , rare gold .

Maybe this guy works the gun show circuit ..:dunno:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Found an ad for a Maverick 88 shotgun for $250, emaild the guy as to if it had any accessories for that price and what the condition was. No accessories and he bought it used for $200. SERIOUSLY? Turns out same guy has a Raven for $200. Oh what deals to be had.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Found an ad for a Maverick 88 shotgun for $250, emaild the guy as to if it had any accessories for that price and what the condition was. No accessories and he bought it used for $200. SERIOUSLY? Turns out same guy has a Raven for $200. Oh what deals to be had.

I saw these this morning and had a good chuckle.

Personally, I've done two deals on Armslist and was satisfied with both. But I think they were both INGO'ers.

mpmike25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    Some people are really proud of the things they have on armslist. A jimenez arms .380 used for $200, or a highpoint for $200. What really gets me is the Mosin people that want $200+. Really?? You can go to bradis and pick one up for $115 if you really want one.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Armslist isn't the only place where people are that stupid. There was a guy on here with a bi-tone XDm with only 1 mag for $575 when you can get them cheaper new with 3 mags.. People get these ideas that what they have deserves to get them exactly what they think it should.

Oh and I did get a phenomenal deal from armslist, that's where I got my M1A with Sage EBR.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City

I bought a Maverick 88 new at Dunhams for $199, people crack me up!

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I just recently used armslist and made a purchase and it was a good deal and no issues. He is also a member here.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    well, i got no problem with people asking too much for their gun. just dont offer to buy it.
    i also feel its not limited to armslist or even guns for that matter.

just like you want to pay bottom dollar, they want to sell for top dollar.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    As others have already pointed out, Armslist does in fact have some great deal. It also has some people on there asking for more than THEIR gun is worth. Just ignore those people and adds, and focus on what you're looking for at a good price.
    My friend and I both have recently made great purchases off armslist in the last two weeks.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    My main beef is when someone on there contacts you and the first (and usually only) thing they say in the message is: wat is yur bottum doller ??? That pisses me off. Why not negotiate instead of being lazy? :xmad: /endrant

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    I can't stress it enough, do some research first, and online at that. Most brick and mortars charge $100 or more higher than online stores, not to mention no tax and no shipping. I am not against buying local, but if you do, realize that in most cases you have over paid and most of us are not going to pay for you overpaying.

Just my :twocents: and sure I will be flamed for ordering online and dogging brick and mortar markups, but $100 is $100 and more ammo in my stash! Don't give me to much BS about buying local when you are buying a gun that is MADE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY!

I have to disagree with this part of your post. I always do a ton of research online before I purchase any firearm. I have never paid more than a few dollars more at the LGS than I have found the same gun online, sometimes even less. And I get to examine the purchase before I hand over my hard earned cash. If by brick and mortar you mean the big box stores, then yes, their prices can be $50-100 or so more than online or the LGS.

I do agree that some online sellers get quite ridiculous with their asking prices. But then it is my choice NOT to purchase from them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom