• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I've been getting used to it. Just like when you start carrying on your hip for the first time, you have to break in your body. My othr issue is after carrying strongside for years that's where i instinctively reach, so while I'm breaking myself in I've been carrying my 19 on the hip and 26 appendix at the same time.

Phlster's Access is really comfortable.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have been carrying AIWB for a while now. I love it.

I have been using the Dale Fricke Archangel and Raven Concealment ACR holsters.
    I think I like the Archangel better, but now I'm thinking of trying one of those PHLSTER holsters out...

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    That guy is carrying a ton of gear on his belt. I usually only wear my firearm, and extra mag and my knife in my pocket. Am I doing something wrong?

Not at all man, dress for your environment. All that was on Jeff's belt was a gun, magazine and knife, which is pretty much the same things you carry. He had the second gun on because he was demoing appendix, though in some of the other videos you'll see him wearing a j-frame there as a back up gun. Might seem like a lot, but then again, we live in Killadelphia.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Not at all man, dress for your environment. All that was on Jeff's belt was a gun, magazine and knife, which is pretty much the same things you carry. He had the second gun on because he was demoing appendix, though in some of the other videos you'll see him wearing a j-frame there as a back up gun. Might seem like a lot, but then again, we live in Killadelphia.

I see. I was refering to the video of him with the second gun and thought the appendix was the BUG. But I personally live in Rural Indiana so I generally have a "truck gun" around as well as my EDC.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Appendix. Arty works well with a full size 1911...last year summer I arrived like that all of the time ....it allows me to wear a summer weight shirt...I can sit the 1911 government model deep and low and get no printin yet it is there for a lightning draw.

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I carry appendix probably 90% now, and I find it to generally be more comfortable and faster to access, especially when sitting or wearing bulky clothes. Personally, I have an easier time concealing at 4 o'clock, but I can quickly move from appendix to strong side before I get out of my car if I'm worried about printing.

It did take me awhile to get used to it and actually figure out how to make it comfortable, and a holster designed around appendix carry helps a lot. I use the Raven Vanguard 2 and the PHLster Skeleton, and they are both great.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm a gonna attempt appendix carry when the holster for my Shield arrives.

I suppose I could try it with my J-frame/holster...

I'm a fat guy, though. I'm already pessimistic that it'll work for me.

-J-

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    YMMV, but for *me*, it's actually better with bigger (longer) guns. I think a full-size 1911 or a glock 17 rides better than a shield or a 26, at least for my body.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    To all of you AIWB guys.......I've been giving appendix carry some thought, but there are two things I can't seem to get over yet.

1- The idea of a muzzle being pointed at my junk or leg.
    2- What if you find yourself pressed up against your opponent? Seems like your knife is your only option at that point. Assuming you ever get the chance to pull a weapon at all.

Thoughts?

Do the advantages outweight the disadvantages? If so, why?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    To all of you AIWB guys.......I've been giving appendix carry some thought, but there are two things I can't seem to get over yet.

1- The idea of a muzzle being pointed at my junk or leg.
    2- What if you find yourself pressed up against your opponent? Seems like your knife is your only option at that point. Assuming you ever get the chance to pull a weapon at all.

Thoughts?

Do the advantages outweight the disadvantages? If so, why?

1) It bothers some.

2) Not a problem, easier than if you are on your back with someone laying on top of you and you are trying to reach behind your hip to get the gun you (generic you) carry at 4 oclock.

Top Bottom