• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It's nice to see positive coverage of defensive carry in the news. I especially liked the end line of the article, the Roseville police chief said the good Samaritan will be put in for a citizen’s citation.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Been a surprising number of positive citizen defensive gun use stories coming out of Detroit in the last 2-3 months since their police chief endorsed citizen firearm ownership. :yesway:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's nice to see positive coverage of defensive carry in the news. I especially liked the end line of the article, the Roseville police chief said the good Samaritan will be put in for a citizen’s citation.

I also like that no shot was fired, it's always a plus for everyone. :yesway:

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    "Saving the security officer" may be a bit too early to tell. The BG stabbed him several times with a dirty needle. There is no word on what he was exposed to from the needle or even if it was tested. I wish him luck.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    It would have been more ethical and moral if the stabbing had continued. Better to be a victim than lower yourself to the point of self defense or the defense of others.

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    I had just read about the Home Depot situation. Sounds like the armed citizen accessed the situation and acted once he felt it was getting out of hand. Good to see some positive news and reporting.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    i'm surprised the store doesn't have a strict rule against pursuing and attempting to stop a shoplifter. the auto parts store i worked at was adamant that we never try to apprehend a thief, but to get a description and contact the police. the retail store my wife works at has a similar policy.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    i'm surprised the store doesn't have a strict rule against pursuing and attempting to stop a shoplifter. the auto parts store i worked at was adamant that we never try to apprehend a thief, but to get a description and contact the police. the retail store my wife works at has a similar policy.

Certain stores by us had that policy. They amended it when they started getting robbed blind. Years ago I got in a lot of foot chases and fights working loss prevention at Sears. Good times.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    Certain stores by us had that policy. They amended it when they started getting robbed blind. Years ago I got in a lot of foot chases and fights working loss prevention at Sears. Good times.

i guess i'm not considering the area, either. i'm sure things are different in the bigger cities. we're pretty rural 'round these parts. lol things are pretty quiet.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    If you want to walk away with a positive take on the story don't read the comment section.

I think that's the "norm" for articles that don't condemn gun owners... It's typically "you people" until the shoe is on the other foot. However, most people who read these "types" of forums are already aware of this opinion.

Top Bottom