• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Why did it take until the next day when the girl passed out for the mother to know something was wrong?

Especially if she had been alone with a man in his apartment.

I'm gonna be extremely blunt.
    I don't believe for a minute that the mom didn't know anything was going on and I don't believe that 16 year old had anything more "stolen" from her than exactly what her mother stated in the article; "...he stole her dreams, her smile. He stole her joy."
    I think crap happened before and probably would have again, if this hadn't seen the light of day. :twocents:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    From the story

the girl was given alcohol ("Vodka. 10 shots.") and, according to medical reports, methamphetamine and opiates

The day after the photo shoot, the girl passed out. Tests revealed that she had been drugged and assaulted.

Why did it take until the next day when the girl passed out for the mother to know something was wrong? I would have thought the girl would have still been drunk and drugged when she got home from the photo shoot.

Or is that just another fine example of how this mother failed her daughter yet again? Not only did she not attend the photo shoot but she didn't talk to her daughter or check on her when she got home? This doesn't sound right. As a mother, if my daughter did something exciting I would want details when she got home. Wouldn't you? Especially if she had been alone with a man in his apartment.

Do they know if the opiates and methamphetamine were in her system before going to the photographer or did he give them to her with or without her knowledge? And how do they KNOW?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    She hasn't begun counseling yet? From June? Really?

Though we can be on the TV news now.

Okay, Mom. :facepalm:

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I know who this guy is and have met him in a "professional" context a few times. He and I have shot the same events before. I won't use his name since it's not mentioned in the article because he hasn't been arrested.

That said, there are a few things going on here. The mention of DNA evidence by the girl's mother hasn't been substantiated by the cops. If it had, he'd be arrested. The girl has reportedly (can't find a verified source) had problems with drugs in the past. In addition to the weak setup, her story is starting to fall apart.

It seems to be a case of trash attracting trash. This particular gentleman has a reputation of being one of those guys who gives photographers a bad name, using the promise of "connections" in exchange for sexual favors. I have no idea whether it's true, though my skin was crawling the first time I met him.

I've known several women who have shot with him with no incident but they worked for a bar who hired him for promo shots; they weren't individuals looking for comp cards and portfolio work to break into the business.

There are a bunch of amazing (and VERY ethical) photographers in this town. It's a shame he's pissing in the pool for the rest of us. If he did something wrong, I hope he sees jail time. If he didn't, his career is probably still over, at least in Indiana.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know who this guy is and have met him in a "professional" context a few times. He and I have shot the same events before. I won't use his name since it's not mentioned in the article because he hasn't been arrested.

That said, there are a few things going on here. The mention of DNA evidence by the girl's mother hasn't been substantiated by the cops. If it had, he'd be arrested. The girl has reportedly (can't find a verified source) had problems with drugs in the past. In addition to the weak setup, her story is starting to fall apart.

It seems to be a case of trash attracting trash. This particular gentleman has a reputation of being one of those guys who gives photographers a bad name, using the promise of "connections" in exchange for sexual favors. I have no idea whether it's true, though my skin was crawling the first time I met him.

I've known several women who have shot with him with no incident but they worked for a bar who hired him for promo shots; they weren't individuals looking for comp cards and portfolio work to break into the business.

There are a bunch of amazing (and VERY ethical) photographers in this town. It's a shame he's pissing in the pool for the rest of us. If he did something wrong, I hope he sees jail time. If he didn't, his career is probably still over, at least in Indiana.
    This is a very good point. For all we know, the guy could have taken the photos and done nothing else but the girl didn't get any hits from them. Now girl and mom want to get back at the photographer because she didn't make the cover of VS.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is a very good point. For all we know, the guy could have taken the photos and done nothing else but the girl didn't get any hits from them. Now girl and mom want to get back at the photographer because she didn't make the cover of VS.

These theory's make more sense. The mom is still a turd and the daughter may be following in her footsteps if any of this is true.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Victoria's Secret? Vodka, amphetamines and opiates.

I wondered how they kept that runway figure... then again, not really.

In all seriousness, poor girl. But the FAIL is mucho strongo for both mom and daughter in the "situational awareness" sector.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville

People all over the place have been coming out to say that they wouldn't be at all surprised if it was legit. Horror stories abound with this guy. It could go either way here. If they could tie him to something, they would have.

I'm so glad I don't deal with fashion/glamour photography. Don't have to worry as much about the sleazy reputation OR the risk of this kind of crap in the editorial and commercial sector.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    People all over the place have been coming out to say that they wouldn't be at all surprised if it was legit. Horror stories abound with this guy. It could go either way here. If they could tie him to something, they would have.

I'm so glad I don't deal with fashion/glamour photography. Don't have to worry as much about the sleazy reputation OR the risk of this kind of crap in the editorial and commercial sector.

Somehow I am reminded of a children's story featuring a fox and a wolf approaching a monkey to judge a dispute they had regarding the accusation that the fox stole a piece of meat from the wolf. The monkey declared that in his opinion, the fox did steal it, and also that in his opinion, the wolf never had the piece of meat in the first place, with the point being that it is impossible to judge between two liars. At least this is how the situation seems to be unfolding.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Somehow I am reminded of a children's story featuring a fox and a wolf approaching a monkey to judge a dispute they had regarding the accusation that the fox stole a piece of meat from the wolf. The monkey declared that in his opinion, the fox did steal it, and also that in his opinion, the wolf never had the piece of meat in the first place, with the point being that it is impossible to judge between two liars. At least this is how the situation seems to be unfolding.

Maybe. In this case, there's an assertion of DNA evidence and a tox report. I'd think that, if either of those things were for real, he'd have been arrested.

It seems like it might be a case of using his reputation to extort something from him. However, what they don't know is that he doesn't have anything. The reason the previous sessions took place in a studio and the last one didn't is because he lost his studio space maybe 9 months ago.

It's a giant cluster****. Like I said though, I'm pretty sure his career is over no matter what happens. Though the news is keeping his name clear, it's no secret who he actually is. Hell, his name's thrown around in the story's comments.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

It seems to be a case of trash attracting trash. This particular PERVERT has a reputation of being one of those guys who gives photographers a bad name, using the promise of "connections" in exchange for sexual favors. I have no idea whether it's true, though my skin was crawling the first time I met him.

FIFY!
    Sorry but one of my pet peeves is calling a criminal "gentleman "!

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    FIFY!
    Sorry but one of my pet peeves is calling a criminal "gentleman "!

One of my pet peeves is when people forget that, in the United States, the accused is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers, especially when there isn't even enough substantial evidence to arrest him and a story that's rapidly falling apart.

Though I'm no fan of him (obviously), I am an American and, therefore, respect everyone's Constitutional right to due process of law.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One of my pet peeves is when people forget that, in the United States, the accused is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers, especially when there isn't even enough substantial evidence to arrest him and a story that's rapidly falling apart.

Though I'm no fan of him (obviously), I am an American and, therefore, respect everyone's Constitutional right to due process of law.

Yup.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond

This would explain a lot of things like why nothing was discovered the night of the incident. Since nothing out of the ordinary happened there was nothing for her mom to notice.

Possibly the only reason this went public is because the girl passed out the following day and they needed someone to blame it on so the kid wouldn't be thought of as a druggie.

This could also be why the girl never started any therapy. If it was consensual she probably wasn't traumatized by it.

Of course this is all speculation. There are too many inconsistencies to determine what actually did happen.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I'm still shaking my head. Epic Fail on the part of the "mom"...

I'm sorry but if you ask me to take pictures of my 16 yr old daughter, nearly naked, alone at your apartment, I would pause for a moment to introduce you to her Father and protector; and let the cops sort out whatever is left of you.

Epic Fail on the part of the photographer. IF he is innocent of the allegations he still gets an EPIC FAIL for bad judgment. Has this man never heard the term "jail bait"? Really??? I keep shaking my head because I cannot believe there are people out there that really are this stupid.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I'm sorry but if you ask me to take pictures of my 16 yr old daughter, nearly naked, alone at your apartment, I would pause for a moment to introduce you to her Father and protector; and let the cops sort out whatever is left of you.

Epic Fail on the part of the photographer. IF he is innocent of the allegations he still gets an EPIC FAIL for bad judgment. Has this man never heard the term "jail bait"? Really??? I keep shaking my head because I cannot believe there are people out there that really are this stupid.

Yes, they are out there and their numbers are growing.

You can not fix stupid.....you can not even adjust it.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville

He's a professional photographer (in title, if not in conduct). He generally doesn't have to approach people, they come to him. Even if the reputation is built on a whole lot of lies and these allegations are false, he should have known better. I'd lay way more of the blame on him for that reason.

When I shoot with women, I make sure they bring someone along unless we're shooting in public, then it's not a big deal. When I shoot with minors, parents are required to be present. Not only is it a little extra insurance, I have no interest in babysitting.

Plus, in both situations, I get a free assistant to hold reflectors and such. :D

Top Bottom