Are you a Neanderthal? Shocking News by Scientist.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Neanderthal genes found in some modern humans

Friday, 7 May 2010
    by Meghan Miner

SYDNEY: As humans migrated out of Africa 100,000 to 50,000 years ago, some individuals interbred with Neanderthal and as a result some genetic sequences can be found in all non-African humans, according to an international team of scientists.

"It's cool to think that some of us have a little Neanderthal DNA in us," said Svante Pääbo from the Max-Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, lead author of the study published in Science.

Non-Africans are more closely related to Neanderthal. This, they suggest, is because the inter-species liaisons most likely occurred in the Middle East 100,000 to 50,000 years ago, after non-Africans migrated out of Africa.

Neanderthals went extinct 30,000 years ago

Neanderthal, a hominid species that became extinct around 30,000 years ago stood about 1.62 m high and had heads large enough to house human-sized brains.

Neanderthal were once thought to be sub-species of humans (Homo sapiens neanderthalensis), but in this study, which looked at 1.1 billion DNA fragments from the Neanderthal genome, researchers confirm they were a separate species ( Homo neanderthalensis ).

Because humans and Neanderthal are our closest relatives evolutionarily, the Neanderthal genome has helped to identify some of the genetic material that has arisen since the two species split.

Uniquely human genes discovered

According to the paper, some of those exclusively human genes are those that code for cognitive development (mutations of which cause diseases such as autism and schizophrenia) and energy metabolism.

There's also genes that code for skeletal development - parts of the skeleton like the cranium, clavicle and ribcage, that make us morphologically different from Neanderthals and apes.

The researchers used small amounts of bone powder from three 40,000-year-old Neanderthal individuals found in a cave in Croatia to build 60% of the genome, enough to announce that the genome is complete.

DNA used from five humans

Correcting for a sample bias in the genetic databases of modern humans, the researchers sequenced DNA from five different individuals from different regions around the world: Southern Africa, West Africa, Papua New Guinea, China and France.

When the researchers compared the genomes of the five modern day humans to the Neanderthal, they found that the non-African genomes were more similar to Neanderthals than the African genomes.

Because these similarities are present in the genomes of the individuals from China, Papua New Guinea and France, this suggests that human and Neanderthal interbreeding took place when they shared a common ancestor - after the migration out of Africa.

Link1

Link2

Link3

Link4

:lol2:

This originally blew my mind when I first heard of this; Brings a whole new meaning to humnoid and species. Raises question of Darwinism and evolution concerning humanity.

Although least surprising was the fact that Neaderthals had Red hair and larger physical specimens, stronger physical specimens.

But the interesting part is looking at Neaderthal Religion.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Religious timeline in history Wiki

300th to 51st millennium BCE

223,000 - 100,000 BCE The earliest evidence of Hominids, such as Neanderthalshttps://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/#cite_note-jewels_1-0https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/#cite_note-british_archaeology_early_burials-1 and even Homo heidelbergensis,https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/#cite_note-british_archaeology_early_burials-1https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/#cite_note-2 deliberately disposing of deceased individuals usually in funerary caches. The graves, located throughout Eurasia (e.g. the Pontnewydd Cave, Atapuerca Mountains, Qafzeh, Es Skhul, Krapina)https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/#cite_note-british_archaeology_early_burials-1, are believed to represent the beginnings of ceremonial rites, although there is some debate about this. Neanderthals placed their deceased in simple graves with little or no concern for grave goods or markers; however, their graves occasionally appeared with limestone blocks in or on them, possibly an archaic form of grave marking.https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/#cite_note-british_archaeology_early_burials-1 These practices were possibly the result of empathetic feelings towards fellow tribespeople, for example: an infant buried in the Dederiyeh Cave after its joints had disarticulated was placed with concern for the correct anatomical arrangement of its body parts.
    70,000 BCE A giant stone in the African Kalahari desert resembling a python, accompanied by a hidden chamber and surrounded by broken spear heads, is possibly the site of ritual offerings and snake worship.

From my research, I was able to conclude that "Religion" as we think of it, started in Europe, central. Spread south and then East with Isreal being one of the final destinations.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Can always go with the Sumerian version of Human creation, Doc.

Raises questions about the bible, but explains some aspects.

26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, 1 Cor. 11.7 after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Mt. 19.4 · Mk. 10.6
    28 And God blessed them, Gen. 5.1, 2 and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

This is the standard version. One must ask who is "US and OUR" in referrance to God, if he was the only thing present that was and will ever be; The Sumerian account give creedence; Unfortunately many dont approve for bitter reasons.

Link

Cough...Adam...Cough.. :rockwoot:

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    As far as our Genetics I like to quote Tool here: I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. Forty-six and two ahead of me.

Some people still do have only 42 and 2 genomes. Most of us are at 44 and 2. I think they have found at least one person with 46 and 2, but I could have misread that. Those with 42 and 2 would be closer to the Neanderthal I would think.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Can always go with the Sumerian version of Human creation, Doc.

Raises questions about the bible, but explains some aspects.

This is the standard version. One must ask who is "US and OUR" in referrance to God, if he was the only thing present that was and will ever be; The Sumerian account give creedence; Unfortunately many dont approve for bitter reasons.

Link

Cough...Adam...Cough.. :rockwoot:

I believe it uses us (plural) because us is referring to the trinity-father, son, and holy ghost. Correct me if Im wrong

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This could explain quite a few things about me, my characteristics, and my behavior.

I now have an excuse when I behave badly in public.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Rhino, I know you were only kidding ( i hope) the Academia depiction of neaderthals is far from accurate.

Neaderthals had incredibly large brains compared to modern humans; Even Cro magnons had bigger brains than us.
    They were a decent advance humnoid (IMO)

Just some food for thought.:rockwoot:

Lucas, interesting observation, but wasnt that a Christian/catholic creation? I didnt think those aspects existed in judeism.:n00b:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I saw something about this on Discovery. They postulated that Neanderthals were basically "bred out" by invading homo sapiens from the south, and that is why they became extinct. Makes sense to me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino, I know you were only kidding ( i hope) the Academia depiction of neaderthals is far from accurate.

Neaderthals had incredibly large brains compared to modern humans; Even Cro magnons had bigger brains than us.
    They were a decent advance humnoid (IMO)

We rarely see accuracy when it comes to our ancient cousins. For instance, the correct name for Neanderthals is not "Homo Neandethalensis," as it is often printed. It's actually "Homo sapiens neanderthalensis." (emphasis added) We are "Homo sapiens sapiens." (emphasis added)

You could argue that distinction if you assert that they're a completely different species from us, but if it's possible that we've interbred with them and the offspring were viable, it means at the most we're just different subspecies.

I've read differing estimations of their cranial capacity, but most indicate that the Neandethal brain was at least slightly larger than that of a modern dude of comparable stature.

Top Bottom