• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Are their any you would shot with out hearing protection... Say 100 rounds in a day?

I see videos online of them and they seem to really quite everything down but it is hard to really get a feel for it.

What would you compare a suppressed .45 too?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have shot a couple .45 cans and none of them were all that impressive IMHO. I have shot a HEMS II, and SOS 45 and an ATAS .45. They were quiet enough that I didn't feel ear pro was necessary, but they weren't exactly the quietest kids on the block. They weren't quiet enough to be on MY purchase radar. There are a couple new .45 can designs on the market right now that may well be the new standard of .45 suppression. AAC has the TiRant in .45 and it is reported to be one of the most efficient .45 cans ever. Silencerco also has the Osprey .45 which is being compared along with the TiRant to many in the industry as the leaders in .45 suppression. I have seen videos of each being fired and they look great, but a video only tells so much. Some of the big players in the industry are very impressed with these cans and that says a lot. I have an Osprey inbound and hope to be able to do a range report on it in the next couple months.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I heard very good things about the Tirant 45. The Tirant 9 is amazingly quiet but then I wasn't willing to spend the cash for one and ended up picking a a Trident 9 instead. I am not familiar with the Osprey but the specs look very impressive. I can't wait for NFA day and hopefully hear VUPDblue use it.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was gonna go with the TiRant .45 but AAC is backed up on them to the tune of 8 months. My Osprey should be on a Form3 by the end of the week. I'm really hoping that the Osprey is all that everyone is saying that it is.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I was gonna go with the TiRant .45 but AAC is backed up on them to the tune of 8 months. My Osprey should be on a Form3 by the end of the week. I'm really hoping that the Osprey is all that everyone is saying that it is.

Please share your story with the Osprey I have read a few things about it recently and would love to hear your personal experience.

Top Bottom