• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    If you have good luck with them then I am happy for you. If your looking for a place to drop off a deer for processing I would look elsewhere.'

I dropped my deer off the Monday after shotgun. When I got my meat back, the paper was extremely bloody on the outside, the meat was covered in hair, they failed to trim the silverish fat from the meat at all, and 1/4 of it was labeled as catfish.

This all signals someone just hurried through it which I can understand when your busy but come on. I ordered 10lbs of summer sausage which they said woldn't be ready until Dec. Well no call or anything so I called today. Oh, its been ready the lady said. Maybe thats my fault for not calling earlier if it really is ready but you would think they would call me.

I know I should be processing it myself and this experience has made me aware of that.

2nthechest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I am unhappy with the Archers in Fishers. Same reasons. I dropped mine off the day after Firearm season as well and had it back in a few days. I know the deer I dropped off weighed 193# field dressed. But when I picked up the meat I had closer to 60#'s max. I did order 24#'s of summer sausage and I had finally got that just before christmas after I called to check on it. I truly believe you do not get "YOUR DEER" back from this place. In fact I would almost bet money on it. Maybe it is that way at other places also? Mine was extremly bloody also, however I did not have the hair issues. Definitley was not worth te $150 I spent.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Sorry to hear that guys, I do my own deer and elk, but have had several hogs and beef processed and they have done good work for me. I would take a bad cut back to the shop in an instant if it was shoddy cutting, and silver skin on any steak is shoddy work.

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was told by a good source that all the specialty stuff like summer sausage is all mixed with others. That's why they want to know how many pounds you want. I've heard many a stories about them.

Uconas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    little bucks in mooresville, darren is the owner and he does a great job everytime ive used him, but his wife is a witch! his sausage is the best ive had. he charges $80 for a basic cut, hes a little pricey in capeing your deer or cutting the skull cap

Top Bottom