• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    I have 3 di ARs and was thinking of dumping one for a piston gun, a Ruger to be precise. How ever last night a came across a never before seen new piston design that does not use a buffer or spring so I can fold a AR stock. Rainer Arms has a combo for $1,400 that has a 5.56 and 300black barrel and oprod that really really has my interest. Anyone shoot/own/ seen one in person before?

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    I see a modified lower with a wire style AMD folding stock AR. This could be a really neat custom project so nobody **** on my dream and tell me it's crap. But tell the truth if it is. From what I have found it's all aluminum and hardened steel, no poly parts.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    That rare huh? Guess I may have to go into this blind. It's new and new has bugs but I might just have to give it a rip.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Looks pretty cool. FAXON ARAK 21 - Piston Driven Upper Demonstration / Review - YouTube. It looks as if they took some of the features of the ACR. Such as the way the barrel comes out.
    I owned an ACR Enhanced at one time, and I thought it was front end heavy and did not balance well, this may be the same for this weapon system. With a beefed up upper.
    If you do get one, you'll have to let us know.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have 3 di ARs and was thinking of dumping one for a piston gun, a Ruger to be precise. How ever last night a came across a never before seen new piston design that does not use a buffer or spring so I can fold a AR stock. Rainer Arms has a combo for $1,400 that has a 5.56 and 300black barrel and oprod that really really has my interest. Anyone shoot/own/ seen one in person before?

Faxom Firearms AK-47 | AR-15 rifle | Faxon Firearms

Great design. I can not remember the name of the company that makes the folding stock adapter but it also works with regular ARs.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Law Tactical LLC makes the buttstock adapter that you are looking for. Law Tactical LLC

7.jpg

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    By far my favorite AR Upper Receiver. After I get out of Basic and AIT, I will probably purchase one. My decision though rests on, which barrel? .223 or .300 blackout...

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By far my favorite AR Upper Receiver. After I get out of Basic and AIT, I will probably purchase one. My decision though rests on, which barrel? .223 or .300 blackout...

Both?

Actually you can get either a 16" barrel or a 20". For the .300 BLK, I would go with the shorter barrel. Use a longer barrel in .223 Rem

Now when are they going to have a 6.5 Grendel barrel?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Both?

Actually you can get either a 16" barrel or a 20". For the .300 BLK, I would go with the shorter barrel. Use a longer barrel in .223 Rem

Now when are they going to have a 6.5 Grendel barrel?

I e-mailed them about this very thing this week and Bob replied back (within 2 days) that they are working on different calibers for release next year. I told him to put me down for a Grendel rig! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom