• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    So, I'm nearing the end of my build and plan to put a scope on my rifle.

photo1-1_zps377f7318.jpg

I want to add angled iron sights as well but need some suggestions. I found the Surefire Dueck Defense Rapid Transition Sights for about $200. Is there a better angled sight out there or is that about the best of the best? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Why not just go with an off-set mount and then you can run whatever BUIS you want?

I am planning on running a set of Magpul MBUS, on an offset mount on my next build.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I think the DD Rapid Transition are good. When you think about it 200 is roughly the same price you would pay for standard flip up BUIS that are not magpul MBUS.

I am more of a fan of a quick detach mount for whichever red dot or scope you chose and standard flip up sights. Might take a bit longer for transition but it keeps your position on the rifle more consistent. Or have an absolute cowitness and just flip up the sights (if your going red dot).

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    I think the DD Rapid Transition are good. When you think about it 200 is roughly the same price you would pay for standard flip up BUIS that are not magpul MBUS.

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Looks like a quality angled mount will run me about 100-120 just for the 2 mounts then tack on whatever price for the sights themselves... I'm thinking I MIGHT just go with Surefire's. But regardless... I still appreciate the suggestions. I am still weighing my options

kimbercollector

Marksman
    Rating - 96.1%
    49   2   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    North East Indianapolis, IN
    Go to amazon...type in "rapid transition sights"

They are Dueck Defense Clones...but they are only 39$...oppossed to 250$...I think they are made for airsoft by GDT.

I have two sets...yes they are chinese crap...but have held their zero with over 700 rounds each...

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    I ended up going with the Dueck Defense Rapid Transition Sights and I love them!! Superb quality and worth the $ in my opinion. I've got them sighted in for about 50 yards. If anyone was curious about these sights, they are awesome!

Top Bottom