• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Been wanting to build a AR and having a hard time finding AR uppers that don't cost a arm and a leg... Looked on armslist, gun broker and here.. You can find some but Im not paying some crazy price for them, just wanting to build a low cost AR... Any other places you can point me would help.. Thx

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Another vote for palmetto.

Although I had a Hardened Arms upper that was very low budget and it ran like a champ too. Those can be had for cheap on Gunbroker.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I know I'm going to catch crap for this, but here goes anyway.

I have used these people Welcome to DEZ Arms, Inc. for several different builds now. I've had zero issues with any of the parts or assemblies.
    The barrels seem to shoot at least as well as I do.

Because they seem to be a lesser known quantity, I catch all kinds of flack each time I suggest them, but they've been good to me.
    I don't know about availability right now, but a call to Sherry (office girl) should answer all of your questions.

Good prices for the most part, quick shipping, and they seem to be quality parts.

O.K. Let the flaming begin...

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well from what you all have posted so far palmetto seems to be the best, but they are out of stock on alot of things, the rest are ok but don't come with BCG & CH. , so I figure why pay that kind of price if not complete.... Palmetto has them both ways... If you all can think of any more places, please post...Thx... I got a Anderson lower from a buddy of mine for $ 150.00 don't know alot about them but its not plastic, so I figured can't hardly go wrong and its a complete lower...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was drooling in the Palmetto site the other day. 18" stainless bull barrel complete upper. A lot of others available as well......Went there this morning to order the 18" upper and not only was it out of stock but 90% of what was there is now gone. If you see it....call them and order from a person. If not you will be relegated to electronic limbo hell.

Rock River has several in stock but they are premium pieces and priced accordingly.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Been wanting to build a AR and having a hard time finding AR uppers that don't cost a arm and a leg... Looked on armslist, gun broker and here.. You can find some but Im not paying some crazy price for them, just wanting to build a low cost AR... Any other places you can point me would help.. Thx

An complete upper or an upper receiver? Never sure when people say they are "building" an AR since so many really only "build" the lower.....

BCM had blem receivers recently for <$80. I got a MUR receiver recently from Brownells, was on back order for ~3 months (not a "deal," but not overpriced like so many vendors).

-rvb

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Well from what you all have posted so far palmetto seems to be the best, but they are out of stock on alot of things, the rest are ok but don't come with BCG & CH. , so I figure why pay that kind of price if not complete.... Palmetto has them both ways... If you all can think of any more places, please post...Thx... I got a Anderson lower from a buddy of mine for $ 150.00 don't know alot about them but its not plastic, so I figured can't hardly go wrong and its a complete lower...

Sign up for Palmettos deal emails. You have to be ready to jump when the one you wants shows up. They sell out fast. Be patient, they don't ship fast.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    An complete upper or an upper receiver? Never sure when people say they are "building" an AR since so many really only "build" the lower.....

BCM had blem receivers recently for <$80. I got a MUR receiver recently from Brownells, was on back order for ~3 months (not a "deal," but not overpriced like so many vendors).

-rvb
    it can't be that hard to put a upper together, i going to since i cant find exactly what i want.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Haven't shot it yet, but Im happy with what I received from PSA the other day. Shipping was pretty quick took (maybe I got lucky?). I have heard some iffy things about the PTAC series from PSA, so read up on those a bit maybe. Mostly just poor finish I think. Good luck!

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Was surf'n around and seen this site does anyone know or heard of them ??? kb-mfg.com they are very cheap prices almost to good to be true... see what you guys think and let me know...thx

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I've got a local shop in Clinton, IN that has lowers for $350 and I believe BCG and charging handle are around another $110 or so. Cheaper than that site, chrome lined barrel, choice of railed gas block or FSB.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom