• Poll closed .

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have the HK MR556 as my primary, but I wanted to also put a Surefire muzzle device (Warcomp this time) on one of my other ARs. But which one? Which one would you choose and why. Thanks.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I voted bacon for well, I like it.

Whichever you choose, a charging handle with the extended guard is advisable unless you plan on installing an adjustable gas block or convert to piston operation. Getting a face full of gas blowback sux from the increased pressure inherent with suppressed AR platform unless you are running Huxworx flow thru silencer.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    My vote would be a Barrett Rec7 Gen2 piston but that's not on you list so I'll take the bacon, as long as it's real bacon and not that turkey wanna be stuff.

Btw, the Rec7 Gen2 piston, yes i have one, is battle ready tough, accurate, and being piston drive it will stay cleaner longer than any DI rifle/pistol.

If I was in a position and didn't have a piston AR and needed one, any of you're choices would work IMnsHO. They're all quality pieces.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Are you set on the warcomp? It doesn’t perform as well sound wise due to leaking gas to the rear.

I have a LWRC with an RC2 and it works well with an upgrade to buffer weight. However, it does get heavy with their heavy barrel profile.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I voted bacon for well, I like it.

Whichever you choose, a charging handle with the extended guard is advisable unless you plan on installing an adjustable gas block or convert to piston operation. Getting a face full of gas blowback sux from the increased pressure inherent with suppressed AR platform unless you are running Huxworx flow thru silencer.
    the Socom RC3 has a similar pass through as the hux. I didnt notice any gas in the face on my MR556.

Top Bottom