• ...and so much more!
  • theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    I am looking for a new tactical weopon, I have other guns, but want a good all around weopon. I know that there are many happy ar owners on here, I also no that ar's have way more parts available the the 556, but I do like the 556 and have been giving it serious thoughts. What is the reliability of the 556. Is there any question as to the gun of choice. any help would be great thanks.

also I wanted to let everyone know about the midwest sale this week that has buy a 556 get a 522 free. This got me thinking???? hmmmm?
    Midwest Gun Exchange (Mishawaka, IN)

Last edited:

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    get an ar chambered for 5.56 :dunno: the 5.56 and 223 are the same round just the 5.56 has a little more powder behind it. so an ar chambered in 5.56 will shoot both .223 and 5.56

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I have a sig 556 -SWAT. The folding stock is awesome, the gun stays EXTREMELY clean after a day at the range, I haven't had any reliability issues to speak of, it shoots great and accurately.
    On the other hand, where an AR might be a better choice...the 556 is noticeably heavier (especially the swat version) than most AR's, the trigger leaves much to be desired when compared to an AR trigger but that is an easy fix, the recoil is noticeably greater in the 556 because of the lack of a buffer tube (still not a lot of recoil, but more). Also, mine seems to not like anything but brass casings. Sometimes when shooting some of the cheaper ammo (wolf, silver bear...) the rifle will have a tendency to not feed the next round, and this will happen 3-4 times/100 rounds. However, I have had a total of ZERO problems with brass casings, don't ask me why this is.
    You should check out SIG 556 :: Index, there is a lot of great info there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom