• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    looking for decently priced AR mags, I see CDNN has C-product mags for something like 6.99 each.
    Are these any good?
    What does everyone recommend?
    Thanks for the help

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Magpul PMAG-30s. $14.95 or less. Buy bunches, and don't look back.

USGI-type aluminum mags can be had from reputable manufacturers (other than CProducts) for around $10.00 a pop. Mags are important in keeping your gun reliably fed; don't skimp.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Magpul PMAG-30s. $14.95 or less. Buy bunches, and don't look back.

USGI-type aluminum mags can be had from reputable manufacturers (other than CProducts) for around $10.00 a pop. Mags are important in keeping your gun reliably fed; don't skimp.

Yep. :yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    skip the outdated PMAGS, go with the new EMAGS, they are STANAG so you won't get yourself jammed up on the interchange

Eh? :dunno:

For the AR platform you get the benefit of the ribs for enhanced grip with the PMAG. No real reason to go with an EMAG unless you like paying more for the same thing IMO. It might be a slightly different story with other weapon systems however.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I prefer the PMags also. But I have a C-Products Teflon coated mag and it is a good mag IMO. I have never had a jam with it and I would buy some in a heartbeat if I was needing some more. You sure can't beat the price.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I prefer the PMags also. But I have a C-Products Teflon coated mag and it is a good mag IMO. I have never had a jam with it and I would buy some in a heartbeat if I was needing some more. You sure can't beat the price.
    +1

I did a group buy on 1k+ C-products mags a while back (before Pmags were being sold) and only had one complaint about them, and that was because it didn't drop free.

I've shot many of them and haven't had any problems...

But, IMHO, if you can afford Pmags, they really are the better option and I would go for them.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Anyone know of anywhere with a sale on the Pmags right now? I'm not planning on going to the 1500 so this is why I'm asking

Every once in a while you will see places sell 10 packs for $100 or so, but I haven't see that deal for a while.

Most every place sells them for $14.20. Bradis could probably hook you up locally.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    I got p-mags from palmetto armory during their new years sale for $11 + shipping.

And D&H Black Aluminum Mags from Bravo for $10 each.

I recommend keeping an eye on Palmetto. Good ammo prices too. Also the next build will be on one of their Lowers.

Top Bottom