• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Buds has Doublestar stripped lowers for $101 shipped right now, I just ordered one to do a quick build before prices shoot up with all the "panic". Get 'em while you can. I still can't believe it's this impossible to find lowers, I've been looking for 2 weeks and couldn't find much if any. Maybe a gun shop can chime in, like Bradis. How can there be this short of a supply? If a shop stocks X amount of AR's, are they really selling them out that fast? I can't see how the "gun ban panic" has depleted a supply of stripped lowers, even though the manufacturers are using them to build complete rifles. Doesn't make sense.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    a lot of people are panic buying trying to get theirs before the price goes up as well. And when that happens the manufactures will stop selling the parts they have lower stock levels to make sure they can keep making fully assembled ones since that is where they get more of their profit.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I still can't believe it's this impossible to find lowers, I've been looking for 2 weeks and couldn't find much if any. Maybe a gun shop can chime in, like Bradis.

You shoulda waited a couple days before ordering that lower from Bud's... :shady:

I can't see how the "gun ban panic" has depleted a supply of stripped lowers

Why not? Lots of people are using the election as an excuse to stock up on/horde lowers (not realizing that if there's a ban, they'll be all but worthless, since there's no such thing as a "pre-ban lower"), so that quickly depleted an already tight supply chain. I sold 20 stripped lowers in less than a week, which is about 4x what I normally move. New production lowers are going into guns now for the most part, which means that the supply of stripped lowers will take some time to bounce back. BCGs and many other parts are becoming even harder to come by, for the same reason.

Who's sold out of lowers?

All of the big distributors are. On the retail side, BCM, Brownells, DSG Arms, AIM Surplus and Spikes are all sold out or are running lengthy lead times. To turn the question around, where are you finding stripped lowers in stock? :dunno:

Last edited:

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I'm not local to you guys at Bradis. BCG's also are so rare, I guess I just find it hard that more people are building AR's enough to deplete the supply, unless like you said the ones that do build them, are stockpiling.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    BCM m16 BCG havent seen a in stock problem yet. Awesome BCGs. Its what in the upper I got from you. Also yopu can order a gunfighter charging handle well you are at it

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    This frenzy has me going bananas. I think the hardest thing to find right now would be the BCG. Big companies like Bravo Company are all sold out. I've seen some places stock the chrome BCG from Daniel Defense but most of them who have them want around 200-220.

Last week at my LGS a guy walks in and asks for a deal on 30 pmags. I can just see this guy trying to post these on armslist trying to make a profit.

That and people trying to sell their black rifles or parts for top dollar using the "get yours before obama bans them" just irritates me

If the price on 5.56 ammo keeps going up like it has I can just see low end stripped lowers being around 250 to start

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    It won't change. I have a friend who makes lowers for at least 50 different brands.

A few months ago materials to make them was in short supply. Last month orders were UP in general. You should see the moves he has made since Friday.

If you need lowers and don't have them, buy any lowers you can find, complete rifles or wait it out to see if they become contraband.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Contact Zach for some stripped lowers and complete uppers. I think the lowers are $99 and the uppers are $400 with BCG and CH. He also had some complete guns available. He and Adam are great guys to deal with.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Contact Zach for some stripped lowers and complete uppers. I think the lowers are $99 and the uppers are $400 with BCG and CH. He also had some complete guns available. He and Adam are great guys to deal with.

So Zach is with ZX guns or with some other local operation? I could use one of those lowers

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom