• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    We had an INGO build party last year out at Marion County Fish & Game. It was a good time.

Looks like you're just going to have to put something together for this year!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Anyone have a general meeting place? INGO rifle assembly in a city park? Columbus has a few nice ones but I'm not sure anyone wants to meet in Columbus for rifle assembly. I'd say meet at my house but I don't have a cool workspace area. Who all would be interested in going to a lower building class?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Anyone have a general meeting place?

The range clubhouse @ MCF&G was ideal; surely your local range has something like that? We had plenty of space to work/talk/hang out, and being at the range meant those building pistol-caliber guns could go test-fire them afterward (although IIRC, nobody did).

Who all would be interested in going to a lower building class?

Me! I've even got a lower to build this time...

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I will sound likea n00b but what is MCF&G?

In Columbus, we have CERAland but you have to be a member to go.

Atterbury. A range but they might charge us 14/bucks an hour per person to build a rifle. :)

There is Hoosier Hills but you have to be a member to join. I'm not a member. Anyone a member and know if they have a clubhouse? Would they be willing to let INGO borrow it? Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club

I'm okay with driving to Indy for the class.

The ball slowly rolls!

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I have all the tools except for a good vise and lower holder so I can assemble the buttstock. I'll be in if someone organizes it. :) It will force me to pull the trigger on a lower!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have all the tools except for a good vise and lower holder so I can assemble the buttstock. I'll be in if someone organizes it. :) It will force me to pull the trigger on a lower!

I've got upper and lower receiver blocks. Last time, somebody brought a bench vise secured to a plank of wood, and we C-clamped it to one of the tables in the clubhouse. It worked.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'd be up for another build party at MCFG. I didn't build anything last time, but lovemywoods and I could each put something together this time.

BigJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Broadripple
    I would be there if it is close enough and I can get time off! I have been debating putting one together, and would love to see what it takes and how it is done!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here was the last one:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-ingo_ar15_build_party_thread_12_14_08_a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...5_build_party_12_14_08_aar_now_with_pics.html

IMG_2696.jpg

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'll come out again. I did lots of mental notetaking last time, probably do more this time. IIRC it was a bit on the chilly side and wet, though somebody was putting a .22LR build through its paces once when I was out getting some fresh air.

:wallbash: Nevermind. Clicked on the info link to find that I'm gonna be outta town. 10/18/09 = Nerd Family @ Disney World

Top Bottom