• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Built up a new lower (5th build) and during my function test, I noticed that occaisionally the FCG would drop the hammer when I let off the trigger. IE when the disconector released the hammer, the hammer dropped, rather than setting into the normal engagement between trigger sear and hammer.

I thought maybe I had a bad trigger group, so swapped it out with a group from a functioning rifle with no issues (> 1000rds).

It does it most often when the upper is installed. It is hard to replicate the failure when the lower is stand alone and I use my thumb to keep pressure on the hammer. There is a very small sweet spot where the trigger will float.

Any thoughts? I'm starting to think my trigger pin holes might be slightly out of tolerance, but not sure if there is something else obvious to look for. I may try yet another hammer / trigger set from another rifle to see if this is just tolerance stack-up, but find it odd that it only does it with one lower.

Help! :dunno:

solution_zero

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indy
    I bet the hammer or trigger hole is drilled off location. Grab a pair of calipers and compare it to your other lower(s).

I would definitely avoid test firing it at a public range. Never know who might be around if the trigger malfunctions and double or triple taps. Better safe than sorry.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom