• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddudeck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm considering attending an Appleseed rifle shooting class in Oct or Nov in Evensville. I've visited the website and have read the description but i wanted some imput from those who have experience.
    How is the class organized?
    What are the "lessons learned?"
    Is the class highly recommended?
    I plan on taking a Ruger 10/22 for the close shooting and a 225 winchester for the long shots. I will need to reload the ammo for the 225.
    How much ammo should I plan on bringing?
    Any other tips/input?

Thanks,
    ddudeck

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Many or your questions will be answered on the main site: Appleseed - Frequently Asked Questions

How is the class organized?

The actual teaching is done on the range. Initial Red Coat targets allow shooters to have a "before" picture. Then shooters are shown how to sight in their rifle. Then training on the basics of rifle marksmanship.

Throughout the day, participants are told the story of April 19, 1775. How the colonial riflemen used marksmanship to stand up to tyranny and begin forming the nation that you now enjoy.

What are the "lessons learned?"
    - How to hit a man sized target out to 500 yards with a rack grade rifle and ammo.
    - The history of this nation.

Is the class highly recommended?

I've not met one person at any Appleseed shoot that was not pleased that they came when it was over. After two Appleseeds, I was shooting at a level with iron sights that I would have thought was impossible.

I also never be taught much about the founding of this nation and the principles and sacrifices required. Part of that is because of the apathy in education today.

I plan on taking a Ruger 10/22 for the close shooting and a 225 winchester for the long shots. I will need to reload the ammo for the 225.
    How much ammo should I plan on bringing?
    Any other tips/input?

Some ranges have a .22 only limitation. Not all have long ranges. This will not affect your learning at all. It is very inexpensive to do an Appleseed with .22, as you need 4-500 rounds. You will do A BUNCH of shooting.

I know others will add on about the high powered rifles. I have only shoot .22, but I'm currently building ARs to transition to a real battle rifle. I still will purchase a M&P15-22 rifle for cheaper training with a .22 to stay fresh for less money.

Much of this was discussed in the threads inside the Appleseed forum. Also, you can read many after action reports on the RWVA.org forums, to get an idea of what a weekend is like.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom