• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I just registered for this event at projectappleseed.com and figured I'd let others know it's available. Two days is $80 for men and I think 20 or 30 for women (free for one kid per adult, but read info on their site to decide if you want to bring your kids). Yeah, it's probably going to be freezing, but the next one in Brazil isn't until June and I don't want to wait. Hope to see some other INGO members there!

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Have fun, nothing like a Winterseed. HUZZAH!!
    c9f3479b.jpg

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I think Brian Heeater set it up. We have been working that corner of the state a little harder since the shoots started tapering off at Riley. You remember that scorcher we were at back in 09? Holy moly the wind can't get in there.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    terrehautian,
    appleseed is a heritage and marksmanship program put on by the rwva. it teaches the history leading up to the first battles of the revolutionary war and shooting with a sling in standing, seated/kneeling and prone positions. it is a lot of information in a short time, a lot like drinking from a firehose, but it is a great time and you will learn a lot. as a shooter and an instructor in training, i have had an absolute blast at every event i have attended.
    check out Project Appleseed Home and the ingo subforum for appleseed for more information. the indiana instructors for appleseed have a pretty strong showing here on ingo.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I would venture a guess some instructors can find another 100 rds or so for you. should take app 400rds total for a weekend event. you have the 22 and a scope so you have the basics needed with that and some eye/ear protection. everything else is gravy on top.

What are the requirements. I have a 22 rifle with a scope, but it isn't sighted in. Plus I only have about 300 rounds and still can't find much in the way of it around here.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    What are the requirements. I have a 22 rifle with a scope, but it isn't sighted in. Plus I only have about 300 rounds and still can't find much in the way of it around here.

if you want to go, Ill loan you a purpose built Appleseed 10/22 and mags, and even help with ammo if needed.

Its a very worth while experience that I believe in wholeheartedly. I just wish I had more time to volunteer with them, but I can help with other things.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    if you want to go, Ill loan you a purpose built Appleseed 10/22 and mags, and even help with ammo if needed.

Its a very worth while experience that I believe in wholeheartedly. I just wish I had more time to volunteer with them, but I can help with other things.

Tempting, if I get overtime in two weekends, will def. do it. I got cold weather clothing.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    I set it up with Brian Heeter. We have four Appleseed Events scheduled for 2013. Hot food will be available both days. We'll have a bonfire going for some warmth. It will take place on the far west end of the LE/M range. A Gravel parking lot and a port-a-potty are available. I still have to put up advertising for the event on my website, but information about ProTEQ Firearms Academy, our training capabilities, and the various ranges can be viewed at ......proteq.us Be sure to watch the Home page Ribbon, the Calendars, and the Notice page for updates. Thanks every body for getting involved.

Top Bottom