Appears Unfired- To Shoot or Not To Shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Just picked up an absolutely beautiful Model 10-7 earlier today from one of my favorite shops, BGF. This sparkler appears to be unfired it is so clean and perfect. So, I'm very tempted to take it out and put a few rounds through it, but then I get that old guilty feeling that maybe I shouldn't... What would you do?

10-7b.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    well... Being that it's a Model-10, I'd probably shoot it.

Isn't the Model 10 one of their most produced revolvers?

-J-

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    did it come with the original box and manual? if so and it truley is unfired... i would keep it that day.... 20 years from now... cha ching.... i understand the shoot it side as well, but you can turn this one into an investment..... if you dont have the complete package, then it wont increase to much in value over being unfired.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    did it come with the original box and manual? if so and it truley is unfired... i would keep it that day.... 20 years from now... cha ching.... i understand the shoot it side as well, but you can turn this one into an investment..... if you dont have the complete package, then it wont increase to much in value over being unfired.
    Ahh!! Now you done gone and ruined it for me... ;) I was just getting convinced! Yes, I have the original box with matching serial number and the manual.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    But model 10s aren't, nor ever will be "collectible"... Way way way too many of them produced.

I'd still be inclined to shoot it.

-J-

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I am WAY TOO GREEDY to shoot an unfired classic S&W. It is like sharpening a Case XX knife. After shooting, it is only a shooter. I bought a slightly ratty Colt Python just to shoot, leaving my unfired one in the safe, to appriciate in value. I know this pistol you bought, it IS too nice to shoot. After all, that's why God invented Taurus's. they are for shooting, as they depriciate as soon as you fill out the forns.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    It sound like you have got a great deal that will go up in value. But, remember S&W has already fired the gun so why shouldn't you. I wouldn't carry it just to protect the bluing.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Probably not much collector value for new production model 10. If it was a pre-10 that could be proved unfired, you might have something. In that there are millions of them out there I doubt firing it would change the value much. My pre-10 from 1936 in 99% condition is only worth $300 or so. How many generations do you plan on waiting for it to increase in value? SHOOT IT AND HAVE FUN

Top Bottom