• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    If I lived in that complex and thank God I do not.. I'd plaster any form of an American flag... Gadsden flag.. and all the flags of all the Armed Forces branches (including POW-MIA flags) all over that place at zero dark thirty.

Give them ungrateful kooks something to think about when they come to work.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Joe's view of landlord/tenant law seems right to me. There is probably some catch all phrase in the lease that allows the landlord to prohibit offensive or disruptive activity. My feeling is that the banning of American flags would not fall within the general phrase.

Not if it's not in the lease, they can't. Within the terms of the lease, that apartment is the tenant's property.

And so are their cars and motorcycles.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    How many apartments are in this complex?

Wonder how hard it would be to get together enough American flags for EVERY LAST CAR IN THAT COMPLEX, and send them to them!

Sounds like something I'd do. :patriot:

Wait, what?

Is this for real?

You can be evicted, while living in America, for flying an American flag?

Wow...I have nothing else to say, but...Wow.

that's about all I can say too, simply speechless..but ticked off :xmad:

Not if it's not in the lease, they can't. Within the terms of the lease, that apartment is the tenant's property.

And so are their cars and motorcycles.

That's what my thought would be too, I hope the tenants realize this and don't listen to the landlords.

**** it then, take the flag down, and raise a Gadsen.

There is something terribly wrong with this country.

AMEN!!! That's another option I'd prob do myself. And I agree, this country is in very sad shape.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I refuse to believe they can evict you for what you put on your vehicle.

If it were me, I'd call their bluff. And I'd raise hell, and notify every single tenant, and the local newspaper, and give them as much bad press as possible.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The address of the owner of the apartment complex is listed. I'm going to send him, and that manager, a couple little flags. They don't have to fly them, I reckon, but I think they should have some.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Also its unlawful for them to ban flying the American flag.

GovTrack: H.R. 42 [109th]: Text of Legislation, Enrolled Bill

SEC. 3. RIGHT TO DISPLAY THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES.

A condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of the United States on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.
    Another article on this has a quote from someone in the ACLU about how this doesn't infringe on their civil rights,
    Jann Carson, the associate director of the ACLU of Oregon, agreed that Clausen and other tenants' civil rights are not being violated under the new policy.
    American flags banned from vehicles at Albany apartment

And there was a comment on either that site or another one about it, something along the lines of how the ACLU fought for the right to burn the flag as it is protected free speech, but its not protected to fly it.:rolleyes:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I refuse to believe they can evict you for what you put on your vehicle.

If it were me, I'd call their bluff. And I'd raise hell, and notify every single tenant, and the local newspaper, and give them as much bad press as possible.

I'd call a lawyer. I'd try to get the ACLU involved (they can sometimes be good for something--and since it's a "free speech" rather than a RKBA issue they might actually take on the issue). Even if there is a provision in the lease it may not be legal. Per the lawyer I hired when I had a lease dispute, there are certain rights that one cannot sign away and any document purporting to do that is null and void.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Ha ha!

Call this number and listen to her message. (541) 967-1284

Obviously she's had many phone calls, she shut her phone system down because of the high volume of calls. She states in a voicemail message she was wrong to do what she did and she is sorry.

Glad she changed her mind... if not, she would have heard me singing "God bless America!".

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ha ha!

Call this number and listen to her message. (541) 967-1284

Obviously she's had many phone calls, she shut her phone system down because of the high volume of calls. She states in a voicemail message she was wrong to do what she did and she is sorry.

Glad she changed her mind... if not, she would have heard me singing "God bless America!".

LOL!! Call it guys, it is pretty funny! She claims in the message that it was to stop people from other countries flying their flags. A blanket policy to prohibit all flags. Uh-huh!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom