• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mfrobert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Hi Guys/Gals - - I have a few questions for all my fellow apartment dwellers out there:

1. How do you store all of your gun related equipment? (Shelving unit, safe, etc.)
    2. How do you work on your guns? (Dining room table, living room floor, homemade bench, etc.)

As always any pictures are greatly appreciated, especially if you have a nice way of organizing and/or working on your guns. . . .I've got a spare bedroom/office area that is currently accumulating junk that I'd love to do something with, I'm just not very creative.

Thanks!

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    Well, I don't have any pics but: 1. My guns are all in 2-safes. Bolted to the floor and to a wall. 2. My ammo and mags and holsters are stored in a 4-drawer filing cabnet that is also bolted to the floor and I installed pad locks on each drawer. Foolproof, no, but at the same time someone is trying to get in the safe or filing cabnet, the house ADT alarm will be going off. Hope it gives you some idea.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    When I lived in an apartment I locked them up similar to the above post. And I worked on them on my dining room table. Just would put things down to cover/protect the table. Now I have a workbench at my house.

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    I forgot the work bench part. I use a 4-ft. folding table with heavy clear plastic cover with a soft bath towel on top. Works great.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You have to adjust to your environment. Let no one that lives around you know there are guns in Apt.
    Cabinets for parts/pieces. Folding table for a bench. Safe or locking cabinet for the guns. Secure everything.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    When I lived in an apartment I had no long guns so I just had a pistol safe that was bolted to a stud in my bed room closet. Hand gun maintenance was done on the dining room table. That's the one place I live that I concealed carry only. Didn't want ANYONE to know I had guns.
    When I was moving out I just used filler in the drywall holes.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    warsaw
    We dont have a good place for a gun safe in our small appartment right now, so until we get into a house and bolt a safe in the basement we have everything locked up in their cases locked all togerher with a bike lock around a solid big heavy work bench. They get cleaned on a big table spare room

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    All long guns are in one locked gun cabinet. I have two other gun cabinets filled with ammo. Also in the same room is a small closet with more ammo that wouldn't fit in the cabinets. One of these days, I am changing the lockset on the room's door so I can lock it from the outside.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    When I was single and lived in a two bedroom apartment I used the spare bedroom. It was an up stairs apartment. Depending how long you plan to live there, it is worth it to swap the weak interior door for a solid core door. Just swap them back when you move. Not great but it helps secure the gun room. Just keep that room locked with a decent solid door. Of course I didn't live in Indy, I was in a small town with a pretty low crime rate.

Top Bottom