• jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    A couple of things stood out to me in tonight's episode thus far:

1) Host calls the mag a "clip," which surpised me since he was ex-mil

2) Anyone notice that in the shots of the M4 that it appears to have a blue BCG? Is this a simunitions bolt, and hence are they using trick photography for the movement stage? Or, do they have access to some super uber cool weapons that civilians don't have access to?

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I watched it, I really like the series. I caught the "clip" reference, but didn't see the blue bolt. They did something different. They did two challenges to knock out the seal. I think they did that so he could quit without saying he quit because of the pulled muscle. The end challenge was pretty cool

Patternpimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    Probably, but as far as I could tell they weren't shooting M1 Garands...so "Clip" was innacurate, especially for a person of military background.

That last challenge was tough...I was cold just thinking about it!

I would like to think I could do well battering down those doors but the big boys seem to struggle with it. Appears athleticism and cardio conditioning is more important than brute strength.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    it seems to me that 1. they make up rules as they go and 2. they seem to love to have the least experienced guy go the furthest.

ChromeLined

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I only caught part of it, but I did get a good laugh when the guy accidentally pressed the mag release and dropped the mag onto the road lol

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Not sure if its trick or not, but there sure seemed to be a lot of head and neck shots. I expected more center mass. Also, many of the bullet impacts appeared VERY similar.( Location on the target and number of impacts.) I do believe they hit them but wonder if they were recycling footage. Not sure about the simunition but there appeared to be no protection for the driver other than the shooters muzzle discipline. It's possible they used sim to protect the driver. Lots of off balance swaying and moving around could have caused an "issue" for the driver.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Not sure if its trick or not, but there sure seemed to be a lot of head and neck shots. I expected more center mass. Also, many of the bullet impacts appeared VERY similar.( Location on the target and number of impacts.) I do believe they hit them but wonder if they were recycling footage. Not sure about the simunition but there appeared to be no protection for the driver other than the shooters muzzle discipline. It's possible they used sim to protect the driver. Lots of off balance swaying and moving around could have caused an "issue" for the driver.

I wondered the same thing...impacts looked a bit phoney and like they used the same footage. Plus, the camera angles they had, as well as the driver made for a very risky live fire excersize.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Interesting show, last night was my first time watching it. I didn't even know it existed until I saw your post! It's neat, I think I will watch it again to see if I really like it! :yesway:

Top Bottom