• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    if so how does it work. say i sell john doe a gun and he pays with gunpal. he gets the gun and is happy with it. does gunpal send me a check and if so for what amount. say i sold the gun for 500

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Its just like papal, you set up an electronic account thru your bank, walla!!!
    Only difference is your not putting some of your money towards gun control like you are if using paypal !!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Do we actually have proof they support anti-gun programs? I know they don't allow you to us paypal for firearms but that is just to protect them from being prosecuted if say some one uses paypal and buys a gun they are not allowed. On that note I am not defending them. I just want to know so I do not use it for anything, unless I don't have a better option.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Do we actually have proof they support anti-gun programs? I know they don't allow you to us paypal for firearms but that is just to protect them from being prosecuted if say some one uses paypal and buys a gun they are not allowed. On that note I am not defending them. I just want to know so I do not use it for anything, unless I don't have a better option.

yes we have proof contact the guys at tubegun.net, they don't sell guns just a sleeve for your 700 action, paypal accused them of selling guns through them and froze 800+ dollars and refused to give it up until they removed all paypal references from their website and they still held the money for a while,

I know its not a good idea just to take the word of some internet chat room on something but this one you can believe we need to end our dealings with paypal and ebay, ebay won't sell gun items but they don't mind being the biggest fence for stolen property in the history of theft

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    yes we have proof contact the guys at tubegun.net, they don't sell guns just a sleeve for your 700 action, paypal accused them of selling guns through them and froze 800+ dollars and refused to give it up until they removed all paypal references from their website and they still held the money for a while,

Yes, this is fact & its not the only company paypal has done that to. I will try to find some other sources with better paypal anti gun facts.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    right but it was said they support anti-gun programs. It is for legal reasons they do not allow guns and other items that are illegal in some states so they do not have any problems with the law. they probably figure it is easier to restrict all of them instead of going through state by state which items can go to which state. again not trying to defend them but I would like to know if they are actually anti-gun or just trying to protect themselves from legal action.

also the same with craigslist it may not be illegal in our state but is in others. Its easier for them to say no guns period instead of policing the states that can or can't.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    right but it was said they support anti-gun programs. It is for legal reasons they do not allow guns and other items that are illegal in some states so they do not have any problems with the law. they probably figure it is easier to restrict all of them instead of going through state by state which items can go to which state. again not trying to defend them but I would like to know if they are actually anti-gun or just trying to protect themselves from legal action.

They are a service that collects money. They don't sell anything. :dunno:

That's like holding Visa accountable for the purchase of something illegal in some state.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    True, unless it was sold on ebay and ebay owns paypal. I don't know if this is the case or not. The problem is it is in there acceptable use policy and in there it will state about funds being frozen if used incorrectly.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    True, unless it was sold on ebay and ebay owns paypal. I don't know if this is the case or not. The problem is it is in there acceptable use policy and in there it will state about funds being frozen if used incorrectly.

and the example above given by x10 was not through ebay. They were using paypal through their own website to sell items.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    i recently signed up for gunpal but have yet to transfer any money with it. i sell stuff on gunbroker and figured it would be a good way to offer the option of instant/credit card payment. as a merchant it also allows us to take credit cards by phone or in person for a modest surcharge.

it is documented in several places on the web that paypal will lock your account/shut it down if you are doing certain firearm related transactions with it. i don't have a particular beef with paypal but i don't want to run the risk of having money tied up in it in that kind of mess.

gunpal seems reputable and operates pretty much the same way paypal does when it comes to transferring money and 'cashing out' your balances with them. gunpal is run by people with a genuine interest in the firearms industry and exists to facilitate all things legal. they allegedly donate a portion of their cut of the transactions to gun-friendly organizations.

summary: gunpal seems legit and pro-gun/pro-do whatever you want within the bounds of federal, state, and local law. :patriot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom