Anyone see anything weird flying south of Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    About 10:05pm I was sitting on the porch and saw a flying red light. It was fairly close and I could hear a pulsating whine coming from it. No jet or piston noises coming from it.
    I couldn't make out a shape but the red light was very "cherry bright"
    Flying at a slow speed and then it took off and was gone almost immediately.
    Anyone see anything weird south of Indy?

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    hmm
    ancient-aliens-it-was-aliens.jpg

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I did see the flashing light around 2210, but it looked like just a standard plane to me. Flashing red and white lights headed west, toward the airport.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    About 10:05pm I was sitting on the porch and saw a flying red light. It was fairly close and I could hear a pulsating whine coming from it. No jet or piston noises coming from it.
    I couldn't make out a shape but the red light was very "cherry bright"
    Flying at a slow speed and then it took off and was gone almost immediately.
    Anyone see anything weird south of Indy?

How far south of Indy was it? Perhaps something flying out of Atterbury? Could you judge the altitude, distance or direction of travel? I live about seven miles west of the camp (Brown County) and have seen a couple of odd things at night in the direction of Atterbury, but these were silent...made no sound at all.

Atlas5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    If it was near Atterbury then it's possible that it was a drone. The Army has all kinds of small drones these days. Some do make a lot of noise and some you'll never hear. And there's always the possibility that the police near by have a small one or it's just a civilian playing with an rc helicopter or one of the civilian drones that are available. Don't get me wrong though, I would love to see a UFO

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It was less than 400 yards away, guessing less than 1,000 ft off the ground, and very bright. Only a very bright red light I could make out and I watched it maneuver in 3 different directions.
    I'd say it was 40' long, 15' wide, but blurry and couldn't make out a definite size or shape to it. WSW of Columbus a few miles.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    It was less than 400 yards away, guessing less than 1,000 ft off the ground, and very bright. Only a very bright red light I could make out and I watched it maneuver in 3 different directions.
    I'd say it was 40' long, 15' wide, but blurry and couldn't make out a definite size or shape to it. WSW of Columbus a few miles.

Your close enough to Atterbury to have seen an Army toy.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Hide your wife and hide your dog! The men in black will be stopping by soon. It will only hurt for a little while, after they apply the treatment...

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Come on people - everyone knows that aliens don't need safety lights on the outside of the vehicle to warn other traffic that they're there. Those are FAA requirements.

If it has "running lights" - it's Ours. If you can't see it in the dark and can't hear it and never knew it was there unless they snatched you up, probed you, and dropped you off at a Circle K - it's Theirs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom