• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I was going to put in a steel door in the hall of my Daughter's office. Always looking for good but watching prices. The price for a steel door with a steel frame is close to a grand. Ouch. I get on FB marketplace and there are a few used ones for sale, but they are far away. I will have to frame the wall in and thinking if I should just try a solid door with a residential frame. Or just keep looking for a while. They have knock down door frames. Only place I seen so far has been Home Depot and they are $300 just for the frame.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    What about a steel exterior residential door with a few security upgrades?
    Kind of what I was thinking. It is an interior door and not needed for security. It would have a lock, but nothing secure. I was more thinking for durability. Many people passing through a day not wearing it out. Commercial doors are built for more use.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Maybe keep an eye out for any place being demo'ed or renovated. Prob talk to who ever has the clipbosrd. Slide up a few bucks and walk away with the door and frame.
    That would be great if I could find one. I found a few but far away. (used they already pulled out) Not sure if I am interested in a 2 hour drive one way so far. Things I find being torn down around here are not worth anything.

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Check the habitat for humanity restore. They usually have a lot of different doors in stock. The inventory usually changes fairly often too it seems.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Check the habitat for humanity restore. They usually have a lot of different doors in stock. The inventory usually changes fairly often too it seems.
    There is one around here I can give a try. Last time I tried the prices were so high I went to Lowes and got the stuff cheaper.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Yep the 20 minute one would be great. Wonder what shipping on a door would be??

I gave it a try with a minimal door... I think it may be pricey. Looks like it has to go truck freight.
    I had an AC delivered once, it was only $100, from Florida I believe. Back in 2020 when it was hard to get equipment for side jobs.

Top Bottom