• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AFpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    If so, how do you like it?

I've got a friend of a friend who I am thinking about purchasing one from. He's selling his with an extra deer barrel and extra synthetic stock set, apart from the glossy wood and vent barrel it comes with.

Everything for $550... Does that sound like a good deal? I hunt with my Benelli SBE II, but always looking for a nice trap/skeet gun. Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have one and like it. I've owned it for 18 years? Probably longer. I have no idea if the price you are quoting is good or not, but I've used it on the trap line with a long barrel, in the yard for casual trap, on the sporting clays course and for hunting. I've got maybe 5000 to 7000 rounds through it and it is still ticking along with a simple cleaning and some gun oil.

I've bought and sold many much more expensive double guns, but this autoloader has been a mainstay.

AFpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    That's encouraging, thanks for the info.

This guy also offered to trade me for a Glock 21 I never use. I am definitely thinking about going through with this. I've got to throw in some cash though...

Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I have had an 11-87 for about 10 years and it is one of my favorite 12 ga shotguns. The action gas softens the recoil much more than other models. The only areas that would be of any concern are the O-ring in the gas action area. It is good to have an extra around because they do eventually wear out. It also good to keep them lightly lubed as opposed to running them dry. My father also had his extractor break on his 11-87, but this was after many rond through the shotgun.

AFpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Thanks for the help all. I ended up purchasing it outright for $500. It came with the original stock setup plus a deer barrel and extra stock set that is synthetic. It looks like it has never been shot so I think I got a good deal! Taking it to the trap and skeet range this week so we'll see how it shoots compared to my Benelli SBE II..

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    i found one a month ago in realtree camo with only one barrel and he wanted 500 for it. it was about 90% at best. sounds like a pretty good deal

Top Bottom