anyone out there with a Remy 700 SPS in 308?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dj-vektor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Morgantown
    Well you can't ask to buy or trade on here til you hit that 50 post mark but as far as feedback goes I love mine. I'm fixing on changing out the stock because I'm not a fan of the super light one that came on it but other than that she's pretty nice right out of the box. Do you plan on reloading?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had a Remy SPS in .308 for a while. I liked it ok but traded it for a Savage Model 10. The Savage comes with the Accustock and I like the Accutrigger better than Remington's X-Mark. So personal preferences really.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I have the AAC-SD and am currently setting it up with a scope/mount/rings. Its your stereotypical 700 with a smooth as butter bolt. Deciding on which can to put on it also. ;)

Niles Coyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    S.W. Michigan
    A post on my SPS Tactical 308 here

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iy-skim-bedding-remington-tactical-style.html

I also have a SPS varmint 243 and another Tactical in 223, all have been good shooters. I have put new triggers and stocks on those as well. The factory stocks are ok for general use for most shooters/hunters but if your wanting to get the most out of them or shoot at longer distances (say beyond 300 yards) you will find yourself looking for a better stock.

Last edited:

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I love my 700. Its probably one of the most reliable rifles i have and its definitely my favorite gun to shoot. Like someone else said i didn't like the standard stock that it came with so i put her in a bell and carlson stock and she shoots like a dream. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom