• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    How many miles did the Roque have? My fiance is above 41k on her 09 Roque so I figure tires will be coming up at some point in the next year or so.

I'll have to check when its back from the shop. You might still be ok....my wife drives to chicago 2x a week for work. From what I have read though, the Conti 4x4s that are OEM are junk and an upgraded tire will smooth out and quiet down the ride.

Aclark, Sams sells BF Goodrich , price check them before you buy.
    We belong to Sams and Costco, should have checked, but wasn't thinking. Just want to be done with all this. I'm going to need new tires soon, so maybe I'll check there.
    edit: just checked Sam's online, $138.13/ea ($552.52 total) with a 3-5 day shipping period. No warranty other than manufacturer mileage.

I ended up going with the BFGs for $500 OTD. The collision shop quoted me $600+ from their supplier, and Tirerack was $600+ as well when you added warranty and shipping. Figured it was a good deal, and was reaffirmed by the mechanic at the repair shop. Made me feel better about my decision.

Thanks for the help and advise guys.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Personally I have had really good luck dealing with Tire barn and Kelly tires but I bought some Daytons (made by Firestone) from Tires Plus for my Grand Cherokee. Had to replace one of them because it picked up two nails too close together to patch and the made me a great adjustment for a Firestone Destination AT which was pretty much the same tire. And BTW I have had the Daytons for over three years and still had more that 50% tread left.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Just stopped by Discount Tire and checked on what they had. They had the Yoko's but he was steering me to the BF Goodrich LongTrail T/A. Said he could do $500 OTD and that was with warranty, lifetime rotation/balancing, patches, etc. This was for just the tires since I will be taking them to the collision shop for mounting, balancing, and alignment. Thought that was pretty good. They are made by Michelin, so he says.

BF goodrich tires are made by, stay with me here.......BF goodrich!! he LIED LIED LIED, avoid that place like the plague, not saying all discount tires, just that one in particular has a salesman that will obviously tell you any BS he thinks you wanna hear. god i hate that

that being said, the bfg's are decent at best, long tread life but usually ride really rough. not bad for the price, but it's always a get what you pay for deal

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I'll have to check when its back from the shop. You might still be ok....my wife drives to chicago 2x a week for work. From what I have read though, the Conti 4x4s that are OEM are junk and an upgraded tire will smooth out and quiet down the ride.

When we first started dating her car was only driven to and from work besides an occasional family vacation her family went on. Since then it has been numerous times to Kings Island, Holiday World, and other short day trips. It has been from Terre Haute to New Orleans to Tuscaloosa then to Nashville then back home. Been to Nashville again. Back in 2012 when it was official, her car only had 28k on it, now it is pushing 41k in a little over a year. My Jeep's gas mileage sucks so until we get something better on gas, it is the vacation vehicle. Of course the AWD came in handy when we did the 1800 mile road trip in one week since it was icy/snowy on the way down to NOLA.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    yeah, ALWAYS replace all 4 tires at once. Even with non AWD vehicles it can cause control issues if you mix and match.

And if your luck is anything like mine, You'll buy the first two, then within that 6 months the model will be discontinued and no matching ones will be available when you need the second set.

and +1 for discount tire. always done good. Heck, they even screwed up my aluminum rims years ago and made good. After a new set of tires were installed I got home and found greasy hand prints that wouldnt come off without epic scrubbing on two rims. Took it back to them to clean them and they used some type of acid to try to clean them. Made them MUCH worse by destroying the finish. Without one bit of complaint they called the chevy dealership and ordered a new set of 4. They werent identical, but they were equivalent and I was OK with it. They've had my business ever since.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City

Example P265/70R16
    265 means the tire footprint or width is 265mm
    70 means the tire profile or distand from the outside of the rim to the outside of the tire is 70% of 265mm or 186mm rounded
    R16 means its a radial 16" tire.
    25.4 mm in a inch

WOW! Count me impressed most ppl dont know what the tire size means and even ppl that do know what most of it means never seem to know the hight is a percentage.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    BFG was bought by Michelin in 1990, at least that's what I'm reading on Wikipedia (yea I know, but it was a quick search). Doesn't mean the ARE Michelin tires, but it is the same [holding] company. Unless I'm reading it completely wrong.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    BFG Michelin and 1 other (off brand i cant remember) are all made at the same plant using the same material. I used to pick up loads at one of their plants and was always mixed load of all 3 brands

Top Bottom