Anyone here OC a cowboy type of 6 shooter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I know, DA 6 guns arent the best for defence, but there are some nice 6-guns and cowboy type holsters available, and I was wondering about OCing with one.
    I am sure I would get some LOOKS :D

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

I am sure you would.

Make sure you get the right shirt and hat to go with it.

3117421162_5c23bb19a7.jpg

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    A buddy had El Paso saddlery make a OWB holster for a Ruger Blackhawk and was very high quality. Made it ride high and tight, real nice set up. He said it was really not much more different than his 1911 in comfort dept.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    History would differ and I'm sure Sam Colt would have something to say about it. The SA revolver doesn't need to prove a thing when it comes to self defense. ;)

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    That depends... are you talking about a legitimate gun belt with the ammo tucked in holders? haha. If so, I am not THAT guy... but I do own and have OC my revolvers on occasion in public. Usually when the weather is nice, hiking, or walking the woods property. I would probably even be wearing wranglers and boot, considering that's what I wear 90% of the time. I don't recall getting any looks when I've gone into town or out to lunch afterwards but then again, I don't pay attention to people, just go about my business.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I know, DA 6 guns arent the best for defence, but there are some nice 6-guns and cowboy type holsters available, and I was wondering about OCing with one.

I have thought seriously about a cowboy rig and a good six gun. I may still go that route someday.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    There's a member here that says he carries a cap and ball revolver that doesn't count under the firearm statutes because he refuses to get a LTCH but still wants to carry something to protect him and his family.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    There's a member here that says he carries a cap and ball revolver that doesn't count under the firearm statutes because he refuses to get a LTCH but still wants to carry something to protect him and his family.

Why does he refuse?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    From the way he's explained it, it's an infringement thing. He believes that the LTCH is unconstitutional, but since not having one eliminates anything except the pre-1899 (?) "not a firearm" firearms, he carries one to thumb his nose and protect his family.

I guess the first part of what you said makes sense....

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Quite a few years ago, I occasionally carried a Super Blackhawk .44 mag, but rarely OC, I had a shoulder rig. I had as much confidence in that setup as I do in anything I carry now. :twocents:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If I owned a nice holster I would consider OCing my Single Ten to the INGO event in Nashville on Saturday. It has such pretty rosewood grips. Not really worried about defending myself. I think the event will be pretty safe.

Top Bottom