• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    My dealer does carb rebuilds for like 15 to 30 dollars. I kind of figure it was carb related. IMO though 165 is too much for a just a carb rebuild, are they doing any thing else to it?
    165 buck for a carb rebuild is highway robbery. 20 minutes labor and a 10.00$ carb kit. You can buy a new Walbro WT 194 carb with both adjustable high and low jets for around 65 bucks. If your 026 has a carb with a high fixed jet carburetor, I would search Ebay for the WT194. They are very easy to install. If you go that way you might as well replace the fuel and impulse lines and get a new fuel filter. Doing this is very simple to do. If you have any problems , type in arborist site into Google. Go to this site and click on the chainsaw board and you will find anything and everything in regards to your 026 by doing a search.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    loved my 55 rancher husky. Longest I have ever had a saw. That thing was really farm tough. It earned its keep once again cleaning up storm/tornado damage last weekend. But alas some ------ -------- ----- rat-------sons of----- stole it out of the bed of my truck. I might find it at the pawn shop but I am sure it will have been defiled by those----- mother------s

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    The recent storms have convinced me I need a better small saw.

Does anyone run a Stihl MS200T?

Or know someplace reasonably close to the Martinsville area that stocks them?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The recent storms have convinced me I need a better small saw.

Does anyone run a Stihl MS200T?

Or know someplace reasonably close to the Martinsville area that stocks them?

I've got an ms200t. It's a good powerful saw. It's great for limbing and I've used it to cut logs as well. If I don't have multiple cuts to make over 18", I don't get my ms361 out. They run $600 though.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I have a Husqvarna 372 and it has been all right for putting up wood for the stove. With all the wind we've had here lately I have been doing more limbing, sometimes over my head or the like. The 572 is overkill and is either going to give me popeye forearms or destroy them.

I need something more pocket size and it seems like there are more Stihl dealers around here than Husky.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The ms200t is what most tree climbers use. It's a professional saw. Echo makes a similar saw called the cs330t. It's a good deal cheaper but I don't know how they compare. Do a dealer search on Stihl's website and see how many there are. I have many around me and I'm in a rural area.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My dealer does carb rebuilds for like 15 to 30 dollars. I kind of figure it was carb related. IMO though 165 is too much for a just a carb rebuild, are they doing any thing else to it?

They rebuilt the carb, replaced the spark plug, replaced the kill switch, and sharpened four chains for $164. It still doesn't run like I think it should. I can have it running for thirty minutes and it will die. When it dies, I have to put it on half choke to get it running again.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I have a thing for them too,though not to your degree. Husky has become my favorite they run forever. I have an older homelite for trimming that I really like too.

Top Bottom