• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Just thought I'd pass this along. It's a weekly (Sunday) 3 Hour talk show hosted by a gentleman named Tom Gresham.

It looks like there aren't any stations that carry it in the Indiana area, but I've still gotten hooked.

I'm an engineer, doing a lot of desk work and drafting which leads ample time to listen to music, podcasts, and the like which was how I stumbled onto it.

Gun Talk Radio : Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Radio Show : High Powered Talk Radio

Lots of varying topics, quite informative. You can do a search on itunes for 'guntalk' and it will get you right there to download the weekly podcast.

He is a wealth of knowledge covering all types of shooting, reloading, and gun-related politics. While he can be shameless plugger (he has sponsors on frequently and recurringly), his sponsors are not 'no-name' outfits, but many of the big firearm producers as well as XS sights, crimson trace, and others.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone on here has found this before and had anything else to share?

BTW, he archives podcasts for a couple years in the past, and even has the audio from the Heller case arguments available for download.

Enjoy for those iPod junkies out there!

cascadewalker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Thanks for the info and the link. I just got an ipod, so I'll have to check out the podcast. There was a show on ITunes called The Gun Guys show, but doesn't look like it's been updated in almost a year.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Thanks for the info and the link. I just got an ipod, so I'll have to check out the podcast. There was a show on ITunes called The Gun Guys show, but doesn't look like it's been updated in almost a year.

Glad I at least got one person interested in it! Good start!

One tricky thing about his podcast is that he uploads shows to itunes in 3 separate files (1 hour each ~ 45 minutes with commercial breaks). He still has some advertisements built into his podcasts, but they are not as long as the actual horribly long talk radio commercial/news breaks.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've been listening to him for a couple years.

There are several others that I like as well or better. Michael Bane has a better show, but that is just my opinion. Also look up THE GUN DUDES, they are simply funny. The Shooting Bench with Cope Reynolds is pretty good. Mas Ayoob has a show with a group of people, its interesting but not one of my favorites. I think I have 6 or 7 different gun right radio shows/podcasts that I download into my iPod.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    all of these sound super interesting to listen to. dont have an ipod, dont really want something else either. my wife and daughter have ipods and phones that they get online with. my phone has been calle d A jesus phone by girls at the phone stores cause its a flip phone that makes phone calls, thats it. carry a lap top on the truck for e mails and looking here and research for gun stuff. can i listen to these broadcasts on my laptop?....daryll

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    can i listen to these broadcasts on my laptop?....daryll

-Daryll

Yes, you can still listen to these broadcasts on a laptop. Obviously you'll be tethered to a larger not-as-portable object than an ipod, but it will still work fine.

You can download itunes (or another podcast program, but I've only used itunes) and use it as if you actually had an ipod. You can line the podcasts up in the 'podcast' section of your itunes setup and the files will play just like they were any old mp3 file on your computer.

PMY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I was listening to Gun Talk for a while last year, but it was one of the longer podcast (gun-related or otherwise) I listen to, and I was having trouble finding the time to keep up. So I decided to rotate it out of the I-Tunes loop for a while. I really like Tom Gresham, but his callers also started to get on my nerves after a while. I don't exactly remember why, maybe they kept asking the same questions all the time?

I agree that Michael Bane's "Down Range Radio" is just about the best gun-themed podcast.

I've also started listening to Caleb's "Gun Nuts Radio" lately. Its pretty good, and he's out of Indianapolis, so he talks about local issues a lot, and has local people on.

There's also something called "Radio Free ARFCOM" that's just started up. Its pretty entertaining, and has some big-name guests on.

Those all come out weekly, and new and old episodes are all available for free on I-Tunes.

I saw a mention of the Appleseed podcast lately, but haven't listened yet. Going to download it right now.

Top Bottom