Anyone have experience with Phlster Access or Skeleton holsters?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Does anyone have any experience with the Phlster Access or Skeleton holsters?

I'm tempted to buy one and try it out, but was hoping someone here has any experience with them first.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Just received my access for my shield this week. I have been carrying it at 4 o'clock and it is very comfortable and conceals very well. Fit and finish is very nice, no sharp edges. Retention is very good. Wore it today while crawling under cars changing the oil in both of my vehicles with no issues. Not had it long but so far so good.

A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    I've had an Access for my Shield for about 9 months now and it has been nothing but great! I carry appendix like they design the holster to be carried and it's comfortable plus very concealable (even in a 3-5 o'clock position it seems to do well but I personally think it carries best appendix). I love the fit, finish, and easy on, off of the holster. I have literately forgotten that it was there a couple of times and walked into some places I wasn't supposed to with it...anyway all around I wouldn't be hesitant to buy one because Jon will back up his holsters 100%. Furthermore, their attention to detail as seen on their videos is bar none as far as I'm concerned and it shows in their work.

As a side note their skeleton mag carrier is working excellent so far as well. Same fit and finish I now expect of Phlster and it's pretty comfortable too!

Hope this helps!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    He recently changed from pressing the kydex to vacuum forming with half of guns in a mold. Then he heats the middle and folds it together.

I haven't seen any reviews of his new method, but his old method was rock solid. I use his videos and make my own, though I haven't made a "taco" holster yet.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm going to buy one and try it out.

I like the idea of the minimalist skeleton holster, but I'm leaning more towards the Access. It'll be for my Glock 19 and Glock 26.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    It is hard for me to tell because of the view of the pictures I have found, but it looks like the loop is secured to a strut. If this is the case they are out for me.
    It is attached to a strut. The strut is made by bravo concealment and seems to be very sturdy.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The strut appears to be solid, and the way he designed it is for appendix carry, so the struts aides in forcing the muzzle inward for comfort. For AIWB one "loop" or anchoring point is better to allow the muzzle to move ever so slightly with walking/sitting/standing so as to not create a pressure area.

I've been toying with the idea of appendix carry, actually put my OWB kydex holster there and its pretty comfy except for my excess kydex at the bottom most portion of the holster when seated. If I only had one point of contact on my belt line it'd probably be awesome. I've lost 30 pounds and AIWB carry is one of my goals...other than being healthier :)

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    It is hard for me to tell because of the view of the pictures I have found, but it looks like the loop is secured to a strut. If this is the case they are out for me.

Swisher, Jon's holsters are all we use. The Access has gone through ECQC with no problems. The strut is an injected molded piece by raven and quite robust.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I finally received my Phlster Access today. First impressions: I really like it, A LOT.

I'll spend some time with it, then do a short review.

Comparing it to the Dale Fricke Archangel, it's lighter and a little smaller. It's even a little thinner.

Top Bottom