• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    opinions? I have a full size 9mm that I'm thinking about upgrading. Also, can you only buy from Apex or is there a better price through a dealer? Thanks:yesway:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have a DCAEK in mine and love it. Plainfield Shooting Supply carries both as well as the FSS. With the DCAEK you can keep the stock trigger spring instead of installing one from the DCAEK and it lowers the pull like the comp kit.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    About how much does the Dcaek run through Plainfield Shooting Supplies? Would you be willing to enlighten me on the difference in the kits, and what benefits would keeping the stock trigger spring over installing the new unit? Is it purely personal preference?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I think it was $80ish.

The "duty/carry action enhancement kit" and the "competition action enhancement kit" are the same except for the weight of pull. The replacement sear and sear spring are the same for both and reduce the trigger weight. The DCAEK includes a stiffer trigger spring to bring the weight back up to around stock to be more suited for duty use or defensive carry.

Both kits include a replacement striker safety plunger and spring as well. This is what removes the "gritty" feel of the stock trigger and is very similar to what is known as the "$0.25 trigger job" on Glocks.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Awesome, Thank you for the explanation, Chezuki! That is exactly what I was looking to know, as I'm in the market to solve my .40c's trigger issues. From the way you explain it sounds like the DC version may be more suited for my m&p's intended purpose.. I appreciate the info!

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I'd really like to have the lighter pull. I've read reports of the trigger sometimes being under 3lbs! This isn't a carry/defense gun, just a range gun so I think that would be acceptable.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Are you looking to install the FSS aluminum trigger as well? I would like to do so with the DC kit.. I am not a fan of our stock plastic trigger.

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Are you looking to install the FSS aluminum trigger as well? I would like to do so with the DC kit.. I am not a fan of our stock plastic trigger.

Hadn't really thought about it yet. That's why im doing research.:D

Top Bottom