Anyone have a Para 1445 double stack style pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Anyone have a Para 1445 double stack style pistol?
    14rd/45acp

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=55

Thoughts?
    Likes / Dislikes?

Other than the mag/magwell/thinner grips, anything else internally different on the top half?

TX1445Sphoto_big.jpg

40oz

PX1445RBHphoto_big.jpg

28oz!

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I had one with the LDA trigger. Other than a rear sight that just wouldn't stay tight for anything, it ran like a champ. I probably put over 2k rounds through it without any issues other than the sight.

Joe

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    They are pretty good guns - my only complaint was that having it on your hip pretty much mandated wearing suspenders (at least in my case). It really is a load! That said, it is very controllable in rapid fire and it runs like a champ. And yep, you are correct - mags are not cheap. Just remember that if you have the thing in Condition 1 with a spare mag, you have the equivalent of 4 regular mags in a single stack - certainly enough to ensure your comfort on an evening walk.
    FYI - mine shot 230gr Rem Golden Sabre's better than anything - never a failure.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Ive got the p12-45 which is a high cap with 3 1/2 inch barrel and I love it. It shoots anything that I throw at it and asks for more. If you dont mind used mags look on gunbroker I got some good deals on extra mags for mine.

workinman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    NWI
    i picked up the p14-45 ltd. model years ago. no problems except mags are/were expensive. has a fully supported barrel. friend of mine had the .40 version and used to use sti mags in it. don't know if their 45 mags will work or not. just threw that out there.

Top Bottom